Wikileaks

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
User avatar
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 6074
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:55 pm
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
Contact:

Wikileaks

Postby WoVeU » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:00 am

Can anybody tell me why this @55-clown Assange is still breathing?

Don't we have 2300fps dosages to medicate such a virus?
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

User avatar
Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 410
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: Wikileaks

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:37 am

Well if he goes poking the Russian bear, I'll be surprised if he continues that way much longer... If Interpol or one of the Euros get to him first, they'll discuss moral questions about his rights to free speech, then throw him in prison. If the Americans get him first, they'll discuss legal questions about jurisdiction, then throw him in prison. If the Russians get to him, they'll just jam him full of poison and move on.

Although, I must say I'm a bit bothered on the other side as well that our government only seemed mildly annoyed when our troops overseas were endangered and even killed as a result of his attention seeking, but only started breathing fire against him when he started embarrassing Hillary.

User avatar
Derek
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 5501
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:04 am
Location: Brooks, GA
Contact:

Re: Wikileaks

Postby Derek » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:07 pm

WOW.....that was WELL said Brian.

To take Brian's point a step further and give the real reason behind why he's right..........THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE TROOPS! :evil: That's why they swatted the fly on the first leak, because they could care less about "Military secrets", or the troops.

Although, NO democrat has ever been more eloquent as was Clinton when he wrote that he "loathes the military".

Should we be surprised???
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

- John Madden

User avatar
Eric
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10235
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:51 am

Re: Wikileaks

Postby Eric » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:31 am

I'm completely on Assange's side on this one (or better put, I'm not going to be calling for his murder). In the leaks, Assange has omitted pertinent names of people who's lives would be in danger, and there is absolutely no evidence that anything ever to have come out of Wikileaks has lead to the death of anyone. I find it hilarious that hawkish conservatives like Krauthammer and Gingrich complain about Wikileaks, yet apply the information gained for the public through Wikileaks to question whether or not the American military should even be fighting in Afghanistan with the discovery that the administration over there is a bunch of opium-dealing crooks. Not to mention that one of the Bradley Manning leaks exposed a through-and-through military crime that the American government had every intention of covering up in an assault that led to the death of innocent civilians and two international Reuters reporters. Or possibly the fact that Guantanamo detainees were denied access to the International Red Cross, something the government also lied about publicly. And WikiLeaks also exposed a toxic waste dumping incident in Africa that killed hundreds of people.

Wikileaks also has dirt on Russia that they are reviewing, Brian. So there you go! :D
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 9-27

User avatar
Spence
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 19239
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:52 pm
Location: Chillicothe, Ohio (Ohio's First Capital)
Contact:

Re: Wikileaks

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:59 am

I think we need to focus on who gave this info to Assange.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

User avatar
Eric
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10235
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:51 am

Re: Wikileaks

Postby Eric » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:28 am

Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 9-27

User avatar
armchairqb
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:50 pm
Location: Isabella County, Michigan

Re: Wikileaks

Postby armchairqb » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:15 am

These politicians are complaining about TRUTHS that come out via these wikileaks. No wonder they are offended, this is beyond their spin control.

Not that I would want other countries knowing my strategies and important items of national security. But the "off with his head" response is too convenient, predictable and politics as usual.
"A complimentary breakfast isn't supposed to make you feel better about yourself." -Captain Obvious

User avatar
Eric
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10235
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:51 am

Re: Wikileaks

Postby Eric » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:24 pm

armchairqb wrote:These politicians are complaining about TRUTHS that come out via these wikileaks. No wonder they are offended, this is beyond their spin control.

Not that I would want other countries knowing my strategies and important items of national security. But the "off with his head" response is too convenient, predictable and politics as usual.


Agreed. It's odd because the tone I get from conservatives is that the poor ol' government just can't keep its strongarmed, coercive, and harmful secrets to itself. You just can't get me to feel sorry for the government, ever :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 9-27

User avatar
Derek
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 5501
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:04 am
Location: Brooks, GA
Contact:

Re: Wikileaks

Postby Derek » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:03 pm

I disagree...although I will say that I wanted him taken out after the first one....the fact that they've leaked information again and are now doing DoS attacks against US money institutions proves me right.

Take him out.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

- John Madden

User avatar
Eric
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10235
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:51 am

Re: Wikileaks

Postby Eric » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:05 am

Derek wrote:I disagree...although I will say that I wanted him taken out after the first one....the fact that they've leaked information again and are now doing DoS attacks against US money institutions proves me right.

Take him out.


WikiLeaks supporters are launching these attacks against PayPal, not Assange, not anybody in the name of WikiLeaks. And, Assange is probably not arranging all of this. Assange is just a figurehead of a loose and anarchic organization.

This is why the inconsistency of conservatives irritates me. They rail against socialism, yet the apparatus of perpetual war and overzealous security/intelligence accounts for the most socialism in the United States. War is the health of the overbearing state and if WikiLeaks neutralizes that, I'm all for its continued existence. And executing Assange is very Christian of those who advocate the idea (Huckabee, Palin, O'Reilly, Beck, et al).
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 9-27

User avatar
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 6074
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:55 pm
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
Contact:

Re: Wikileaks

Postby WoVeU » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:08 am

Eric wrote:
Derek wrote:I disagree...although I will say that I wanted him taken out after the first one....the fact that they've leaked information again and are now doing DoS attacks against US money institutions proves me right.

Take him out.


WikiLeaks supporters are launching these attacks against PayPal, not Assange, not anybody in the name of WikiLeaks. And, Assange is probably not arranging all of this. Assange is just a figurehead of a loose and anarchic organization.

This is why the inconsistency of conservatives irritates me. They rail against socialism, yet the apparatus of perpetual war and overzealous security/intelligence accounts for the most socialism in the United States. War is the health of the overbearing state and if WikiLeaks neutralizes that, I'm all for its continued existence. And executing Assange is very Christian of those who advocate the idea (Huckabee, Palin, O'Reilly, Beck, et al).


Eric, there is something you don't get here...because you are one of those little anarchy fellows. Wikileaks has no power to neutralize anything! Releasing things that show the truth behind certain relationships is absolutely dangerous! And just so you know it is exactly the kind of thing that could have possibly gotten my wife killed a few months ago and someone else's spouse right now, most certainly placed in more danger. The Middle East is so bad and the extremists so far out there and wide spread that we get some "back door" invites to assist and carry out our little war against the people that seek to kill you and all of the little "anarchists" who couldn't bust a grape with a sledge hammer for the freedoms you live upon so deliciously every day. Those relationships could be irrevocably broken, and that very likely means more civilians will die. But you go ahead and enjoy it. And talk out of your alpha-fifty-five about Christians, whom you most certainly believe have taken vows to be door mats. "Love your enemies" just so you know, is directed at personal relationships and how we should deal with people we just don't like in our personal lives. As for nations and groups that mean harm and death to us...well, we smite the Hell out of them!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

User avatar
Derek
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 5501
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:04 am
Location: Brooks, GA
Contact:

Re: Wikileaks

Postby Derek » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:12 am

Eric wrote:
Derek wrote:I disagree...although I will say that I wanted him taken out after the first one....the fact that they've leaked information again and are now doing DoS attacks against US money institutions proves me right.

Take him out.


WikiLeaks supporters are launching these attacks against PayPal, not Assange, not anybody in the name of WikiLeaks. And, Assange is probably not arranging all of this. Assange is just a figurehead of a loose and anarchic organization.

This is why the inconsistency of conservatives irritates me. They rail against socialism, yet the apparatus of perpetual war and overzealous security/intelligence accounts for the most socialism in the United States. War is the health of the overbearing state and if WikiLeaks neutralizes that, I'm all for its continued existence. And executing Assange is very Christian of those who advocate the idea (Huckabee, Palin, O'Reilly, Beck, et al).


There is nothing inconsistent between Christianity and taking him out.

We don't know what he has, and how sensitive that information is. What if he had the launch codes? Can you prove he does not have them? Can you prove that if he did have them he would not sell them to someone?

"not anybody in the name of WikiLeaks"....I don't see how it's not in the name of Wikileaks if they are retaliating for not being able to donate to Wikileaks. Makes no sense to me.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

- John Madden

User avatar
Eric
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10235
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:51 am

Re: Wikileaks

Postby Eric » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Derek wrote:
Eric wrote:
Derek wrote:I disagree...although I will say that I wanted him taken out after the first one....the fact that they've leaked information again and are now doing DoS attacks against US money institutions proves me right.

Take him out.


WikiLeaks supporters are launching these attacks against PayPal, not Assange, not anybody in the name of WikiLeaks. And, Assange is probably not arranging all of this. Assange is just a figurehead of a loose and anarchic organization.

This is why the inconsistency of conservatives irritates me. They rail against socialism, yet the apparatus of perpetual war and overzealous security/intelligence accounts for the most socialism in the United States. War is the health of the overbearing state and if WikiLeaks neutralizes that, I'm all for its continued existence. And executing Assange is very Christian of those who advocate the idea (Huckabee, Palin, O'Reilly, Beck, et al).


There is nothing inconsistent between Christianity and taking him out.

We don't know what he has, and how sensitive that information is. What if he had the launch codes? Can you prove he does not have them? Can you prove that if he did have them he would not sell them to someone?

"not anybody in the name of WikiLeaks"....I don't see how it's not in the name of Wikileaks if they are retaliating for not being able to donate to Wikileaks. Makes no sense to me.


What if this, what if that, what if he found Obama's birth certificate, what if he discovered UFOs, what if....It doesn't mean anything, and that is no reason to execute a person. After all, even though he is a hacker it is not him who is garnering this information, it is people in the departments and the actual government who decide it is their imperative to leak the documents.

When I say "in the name of WikiLeaks" I mean that they are not officially representing WikiLeaks.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 9-27

User avatar
Eric
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10235
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:51 am

Re: Wikileaks

Postby Eric » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:40 pm

WoVeU wrote:
Eric wrote:
Derek wrote:I disagree...although I will say that I wanted him taken out after the first one....the fact that they've leaked information again and are now doing DoS attacks against US money institutions proves me right.

Take him out.


WikiLeaks supporters are launching these attacks against PayPal, not Assange, not anybody in the name of WikiLeaks. And, Assange is probably not arranging all of this. Assange is just a figurehead of a loose and anarchic organization.

This is why the inconsistency of conservatives irritates me. They rail against socialism, yet the apparatus of perpetual war and overzealous security/intelligence accounts for the most socialism in the United States. War is the health of the overbearing state and if WikiLeaks neutralizes that, I'm all for its continued existence. And executing Assange is very Christian of those who advocate the idea (Huckabee, Palin, O'Reilly, Beck, et al).


Eric, there is something you don't get here...because you are one of those little anarchy fellows. Wikileaks has no power to neutralize anything! Releasing things that show the truth behind certain relationships is absolutely dangerous! And just so you know it is exactly the kind of thing that could have possibly gotten my wife killed a few months ago and someone else's spouse right now, most certainly placed in more danger. The Middle East is so bad and the extremists so far out there and wide spread that we get some "back door" invites to assist and carry out our little war against the people that seek to kill you and all of the little "anarchists" who couldn't bust a grape with a sledge hammer for the freedoms you live upon so deliciously every day. Those relationships could be irrevocably broken, and that very likely means more civilians will die. But you go ahead and enjoy it. And talk out of your alpha-fifty-five about Christians, whom you most certainly believe have taken vows to be door mats. "Love your enemies" just so you know, is directed at personal relationships and how we should deal with people we just don't like in our personal lives. As for nations and groups that mean harm and death to us...well, we smite the Hell out of them!


"Anarchic" in the context of being leaderless and it being an emergent network. Assange himself is a libertarian minarchist, not a socialist/communist anarchist. A Google search would help dispel that notion. And yes, my life is much better after seeing thousands of Americans killed and maimed in Iraq for weapons that we....Well you know where we're going here :roll:

The fine art of Biblical interpretation can take you anywhere you want it to go. The Early Church was most certainly pacifist (Turtellian, Origen) as was Jesus himself. "But he flipped over tables!" Yeah, well that's not physical violence.

You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Matt. 5:38-39)

Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. (Luke 6:27-28)

Put your sword back in its place...for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. (Matt. 26:52)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Matt. 5:9)

I'm going to go ahead and read this as: "But I tell you, do not resist an evil person unless they happen to be from another country, because Platonically anthropomorphizing nations and equivocating that with the people who are represented by nation-states means it's okay to kill them even if you've never met them."
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 9-27

User avatar
Eric
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10235
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:51 am

Re: Wikileaks

Postby Eric » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:52 pm

Oh, and can we three agree that war = socialism?
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 9-27


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests