dumb ol BP Alaskan pipeline

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

dumb ol BP Alaskan pipeline

Postby bama_girl » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:04 am

that's it, i'm gettin me one of them green corn oil runnin cars :evil:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:14 am

Seems like they have these little blips all planned out. First this then that. Oil prices just keep on climbing. It cost me $30.00 to mow my freakin grass last week.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:30 pm

I dont think it's intentional, any more than the oil companies causing the hurricanes to keep gas supply low.

It's time to drill in the Alaskan wildlife refuge that is untouchable right now. There's enough oil there to last us 50 years, and that's without buying other oil.

Freakin liberals. :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:06 pm

Derek, you insensitive, PETA-bashing, animal hating conservative!! Don't forget about those poor caribou! :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:12 pm

Speaking of ANWR, I have no clue how much oil is up there. Some tell you as much as Derek posted, some tell you there's enough to make this country run for 10 days. Whichever one suits their argument.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:52 pm

Well, those darn pipelines don't go bad over night .... somebody either dropped the ball on the preventative maintenance or the maintenance & repair or replacement cycles. The timing causes an appearance or spawns suspicions that the accountants made this decision. Of course I see the dag-gum future traders are already using this as an excuse to bid the price up. :twisted:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:00 pm

I don't think it is a conspiracy or anything.

The way I see it. In the 70's the gov't decided to regulate the crap out of oil companies looking to build refineries and explore for oil. The oil companies, knowing that this would happen in the future, said OK have it your way.

The major oil companies said this would happen as far back as the 70's if they couldn't build new refineries, it did and people are blaming them for it. :roll: Look back at the major players in this whole thing. Many of them are still around. Vote them and their kind out and let the people who make this county run, run it.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:30 pm

i'm still annoyed by the fact that the oil companies reported record PROFITS the last three quarters.

i understand consumer prices going up due to problems overseas but the term "record profits" should not be in the equation :evil:

maybe joe leiberman the independent will save us :lol:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:50 pm

Yep, the profits were an eyebrow raiser .... I can understand the increase of revenues, but would have preferred to see more expense for things such as exploration, research & development and facility upgrades(hey you reading this BP CEO and Board of Directors?) and other things to help make things better. That would have been one way to reduce the bottom line ...... :P

As far as Leiberman is concerned ..... it just demonstrates again that .... no good deed or use of good judgement ever goes unpunished. :(

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:21 pm

haa! i actually kind of like him. he always seemed to have this lost look in his eyes when his old party was caught being silly.
i don't think he's a bad guy.

but then, whatheheckdoiknow :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:49 pm

The oil companies want the regulation relaxed before going forward. They are prepared to collect all that money until they get what they want. The gov't has them over a barrel. :roll:

Actually the profit comes from the percentage. 10% of $3.00 is double the profit as 10% of $1.50. Unless the economy really goes into the toilet, the oil companies have no incentive to even try to act concerned. They will continue to do what they are doing because there is no reason for them not to do it.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:18 pm

Eric wrote:Derek, you insensitive, PETA-bashing, animal hating conservative!! Don't forget about those poor caribou! :lol:

Shame on me...I need to go to sensitivity training. :-)

I've read that there is 13.2 billion barrells of oil up there. Dont know how long that would last...I dont remember where I erad the 50 years.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:54 pm

It's really ridiculous that the extreme lefties and the PETA members are telling us how to care for wildlife. I don't know about you guys, but I don't really care about caribou mating habits :?

Speaking of PETA, I once recall them talking about fish as "fascinating individuals"???? (WHAT??) :shock: :?

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:04 am

We're good enough, the knowledge, technology and will are there so we can have a clean environment, respect the wildlife while extracting the oil.

It's important to take care of those things .... and once the oil is extracted any scars to the environment, both landscape and wildlife, can be restored to what they were before.

I believe we really do need to address the consumption end of the equation.

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:17 am

Yeah, I never said it wasn't important, and I agree with you. I just don't think those should be our top priorities.

Return to “Off-Topic”