Recent Events

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Recent Events

Postby Eric » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:04 pm

Ok, I'm sure we all know what is going on in Israel and what's going around the world. I can't figure out what Europe is doing. Do they not realize the threat that is facing them and that Israel is doing the right thing? If Spain (since the PM was wearing that Palestinian thingy that Yasser Arafat wore) was being pestered by Andorra, let's say, for 62 years, and they kidnap people and strap bombs to themselves to blow up structures in Barcelona, don't you think they'd have a breaking point? Oh, right, of course they wouldn't because Europe has lost their will to fight.

I think Israel has to take the next step sometime. The longer they get preoccupied with Hezbollah, the more time they leave Iran with recieving a nuke. I think a war with Iran to get Hitler out of office has to be soon!
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:19 am

"Do they not realize the threat that is facing them "

In short. NO!. They are bumbling idiots. Sorry, they have their collective heads up their arses. Just like they did right before WW2 and Hitler was building up his military and nobody would do anything about it.

They are the worlds Hand-Wringers. There motto is, "just be nice, and hope the problem goes away". Which we know where that ALWAYS leads.

I HAVE A GOOD ANALOGY ABOUT THIS SITUATION....

IF Hezbollah were to stop and return the soldiers, the fighting would stop..

IF Isreal dumped all of it's weapons in the sea, you would have another Halocaust.

I just love how the press is all up in arms about Israel defending itself. When Hezbollah took the soldiers and fires rockets everyone is silent. But when Israel retaliates, Kofi Anan is condeming it, and calling for cease fire.

WHAT A JOKE!!!! :evil:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:43 am

Canada starts sending rockets and mortar fire into Chicago.

That's about what it equals.

Israel has a right to defend herself.

I say that we supply Israel with as much backing as we can (as we already do) and covertly help them destroy Iran's nuke program. Then I say we back them in their destruction of both Lebanon and Syria.

Then we should have them hit N Korea too... oops, wait. That wouldn't work =]

I'd say we should do all of this stuff ourselves, but American's won't have it. You don't see anyone in Israel protesting the war. And I mean, c'mon, they're being bombarded daily in Haifa and are taking it like real men.

Israel is my idol.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:16 pm

People in Europe have to be pretty stupid if they can't tell or don't want to do anything about what Ahmadenijad is up to. Europe is inept. Exactly Derek, the entire continent besides the U.K. just keeps to themselves and hope the problem goes away.

What would be a pretty big help on this war is for Australlia and New Zealand to wake up and become part of the world.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:24 pm

LubbockHasNoTrees wrote:
Derek wrote:Sorry, they have their collective heads up their arses. Just like they did right before WW2 and Hitler was building up his military and nobody would do anything about it.

Actually, Hitler was Time Magazine's Man of the Year in 1938 for bringing Germany out of its depression. The whole world viewed him as a great guy before they knew what was really going on.

Churchhill was very adament and vocal about the threat he was long before the world saw it. He's was a real leader in my opinion. The UK would not exist as it does today without his leadership in my opinion.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:01 am

openSkies wrote:Canada starts sending rockets and mortar fire into Chicago.

That's about what it equals.

Israel has a right to defend herself.

I say that we supply Israel with as much backing as we can (as we already do) and covertly help them destroy Iran's nuke program. Then I say we back them in their destruction of both Lebanon and Syria.

Then we should have them hit N Korea too... oops, wait. That wouldn't work =]

I'd say we should do all of this stuff ourselves, but American's won't have it. You don't see anyone in Israel protesting the war. And I mean, c'mon, they're being bombarded daily in Haifa and are taking it like real men.

Israel is my idol.

Exactly. Israel has the guts to do what most other countries don't have the guts to do. They don't care about the political stuff, you provoke them they hit you 20 fold. People in that part of the world only understand one thing, power. They view diplomacy as weakness. Israel understands who they are dealing with, this is a smoke screen to buy Iran somemore time in the nuke debate.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:49 am

Right on, Spence, right on. The crazies over there (or the "freedom fighters" for a PC term :roll: ) only comprehend force so you have to beat them down every once in a while. I believe one of the reasons they're so hellbent on destroying Israel and the West today is because they smell weakness, at least in the West, maybe Israel is clarifying that to them right now.

I can't figure out the lies the Hezbollah leader keeps telling his people anyway. I know he uses it as a morale booster, but all it will do is get more people killed. The problem with these radicals is the fact that they don't care if they die or not.

Hey, Spence, good to see you back.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:14 pm

Eric wrote:I can't figure out the lies the Hezbollah leader keeps telling his people anyway. I know he uses it as a morale booster, but all it will do is get more people killed. The problem with these radicals is the fact that they don't care if they die or not.

Hey, Spence, good to see you back.

Thanks.

The goal is to get more people killed. The problem with the people who are doing the dirty work is that the live a hopeless existence. They strap on a bomb and blow up something, their family is given a large some of money and a chance at a way out. In the end the only hope is to educate the masses and give them hope of a better life. People who have hope won't strap a bomb to his butt and try to take as many with him as possible. The religion part of the equation is a smokescreen used by the fanatics. The terrorist leader who was killed in Iraq a couple of weeks ago never tried to take anyone out personally. He tried to run away, his wounds just wouldn't let him. The leaders of these factions aren't the ones that are willing to die for their cause. They don't practice what they preach.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:41 pm

Someone has to be the one to push the buttons. Regardless, it's brainless and satanic.

This is a little farther from the topic, but going back to Europe, these people are so idiotic. So ignorant to the danger they are in. The only time they're going to realize that they're the ones they want to destroy, they won't do anything about it. The only time they will realize it is when they are strapped to a chair, blindfolded, and the people are around getting ready to do you-know-what.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:56 pm

"it's brainless and satanic"

Yes it is.... :cry: Those people are driven by a hate so vile, that I think it can only come from satan himself. It's hard to hate somebody that much, even if you try.

Sad situation...

We know have world leaders at the "UN", if you can call them leaders, making Israel out to be the problem, and their response was "savage", I heard one person say....

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:54 pm

Too bad the "moral equivilence" crowd and the "good and evil is in your head" crowd and the "world would be better off without religion" crowd doesn't notice that. Why can't there just be good people and bad people? Then those guys point the finger back at us and say "they think we're evil too!" Which, they're right, they do think we are, but we don't act like it at all.

Those people mentioned above always think there's another reason why they're mad at us instead of our religion of choice, well, most of the people in this country anyway.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:49 pm

Derek wrote:"it's brainless and satanic"

Yes it is.... :cry: Those people are driven by a hate so vile, that I think it can only come from satan himself. It's hard to hate somebody that much, even if you try.

Sad situation...

We know have world leaders at the "UN", if you can call them leaders, making Israel out to be the problem, and their response was "savage", I heard one person say....

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Israel's response was savage, it had to be because that sort of violence is the only thing they understand. It is a crying shame that little kids get hurt and killed, but that isn't Israel's fault. If they would let Israel alone Israel would let them alone.

People who expect war to be sanitary kill me. War isn't safe for anyone. Especially if you are setting up your battle zone in a residential area. Israel didn't start this, they didn't provoke it, and they shouldn't be taking the blame for the results of the war.

I feel for the innocents that are killed as a result of the radical muslim's actions. It is sad. It is wrong. It is selfish. Hate breeds misery for everyone in it's path. The people of Lebanon need to finally reconize the terrorists for what they are and rise up against them. That would stop the killing of their innocents.

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:53 pm

It's too bad that's next to impossible because the media is basically telling them lies. They don't get the full story. Al-Jazeera can spin anything in any direction they feel.

I believe Tecumseh Sherman once said, "war is hell." He's 100% right.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:24 pm

Eric wrote:It's too bad that's next to impossible because the media is basically telling them lies. They don't get the full story. Al-Jazeera can spin anything in any direction they feel.

I believe Tecumseh Sherman once said, "war is hell." He's 100% right.

You don't get the full story from any news outlet. If you are ever close enough to a story that is covered by the national news and know what actually happened, it is a long way from what they report. Some do it on purpose, but most just don't work to get the whole story. They are on deadline to get it out.

Sherman was born in Lancaster, Ohio. That is where my dad was born and raised. I have been to his house, it is a museum.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:04 am

There was much controversy about when, where and even if Sherman made that statement. And just to make Spence's point about reporters, take a look at what really happened when General Sherman made his famous statement. :wink:

http://www.mi5th.org/warishell.htm

Return to “Off-Topic”