Favorite/Least Favorite News Show

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Favorite/Least Favorite News Show

Postby Eric » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:24 pm

I am just curious what you guys out there like to watch. Whether it be cable, network, or from an alternate news channel, I'm looking forward to your opinions.

Personally, I'm fond of the "O'Reilly Factor" and "Glenn Beck" on HNN. Of course, I am a conservative, so that may explain why. I like O'Reilly because he does bring fair-mindedness to the debate, he sometimes expresses his opinions, but never attacks the guest. Glenn Beck brings some humor to the conservative commentary shows, considering most are serious and dry. His main message is to say, about ultra-liberalism and other strange news, that, "hey, it's not normal!"

My least of favorites is by far the 2 main shows on MSNBC. Chris Matthews used to be a pretty neutral host, but it appears he has gotten extremely bitter over the last 5 years (figure why). His bias is about as obvious that MSNBC is failing as a cable news network. As for "Countdown with Keith Olberman", I don't mind the show much, but he's been busy with attacking Bill O'Reilly. O'Reilly first said that MSNBC should bring back Ted Donahue to boost the flunking ratings of MSNBC (or so I'm pretty sure that's the case), in a joking matter. I watched that episode and he said it with a light tone and a smile on his face. I didn't get the indication that he was serious, but Olberman took it personally, from what I've heard. I guess I'd have to hear his side of it before I make any assumptions about it. Does anybody hear watch Rita Cosby's show? I can't figure out how she got a job in news! She sounds like she has to force her words out. It's not a pretty thing to listen to. I don't even bother with CNN, so I can't really comment. Larry King has rarely been worth watching, in my opinion.

Does anybody get the channels like Free Speech TV, Link TV, and UCTV? I sometimes watch those shows in amusment. They appear to be wrong on almost anything, trying to paint Bush as Hitler, for example. It's so radical and to the left of the far-left it's ridiculous.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:45 am

I love Stargate SG-1 for some reason. I like the O'Reilly factor as well.

I dont like Battlestar Galactica or CNN, and I "HATE" anything to do with reality TV. Such as American Idol or Fear Factor, you get the picture.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:04 am

I mostly get the news from the print media. I hate news shows because they make you wait and wade through all the muck to finally get to see what you wanted to see. With the print media you can pick and choose what to read and when you read it. I am not interested in the news talk shows. They are short on facts and very long on spin. They spew misinformation at rapidfire speed. You know less about a subject when they are finished then you did when they started.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:10 am

spence stole my answer :lol:

but if i'm flipping around the t.v. i'll watch fox news...sometimes tune in to cnn for a laugh.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:23 am

bama_girl wrote:spence stole my answer :lol:

but if i'm flipping around the t.v. i'll watch fox news...sometimes tune in to cnn for a laugh.

Great minds.......... :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:33 pm

If you guys really want a laugh, and have satalite (I don't know if they have this on cable), check out a Link TV documentary. If you want to see some spin, this is your station! :lol:

I'm not a big fan of newspapers, at least not with the Flint Journal. I've heard they're a biased newspaper, but I haven't cared to check them out in almost.....ever.

I do listen to the Savage Nation sometimes. He is very radical, but when you get to the brass tacks, he makes more sense than libs paint him out. Sometimes he goes over the line (MSNBC? I think so)!

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:44 pm

we have cable so i don't have that one.
but we did have satelite a few years ago and there was this one news show waaaaaay up high in the channels that was supposedly "world news"
it may have been called link something or other. and it was pretty funny. but at the same time really sad because that is the kinda crap those people in the third world countries are having drilled into their heads.
they would spin the news to make our leaders look like monsters and then spin it a little more to make it look like we (the people) were all gung ho behind our psychotic/heartless leaders......too crazy.

p.s.i can't stomache msnbc, they're a buncha monkeys :roll:

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:57 pm

When I used to be a casual 6:30 Nightly News viewer, I used to think the most biased were as follows:

1. CBS
2. ABC
3. NBC

Now, that is reversed:

1. NBC
2. ABC
3. CBS
Well, CBS and ABC are tossups.

I brought this up because I can't stomach the nightly news anymore! As for MSNBC, like you said, they're a bunch of monkeys too! :roll:

Return to “Off-Topic”