college baseball world series

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:16 pm

Sorry about that (for you, I'm never sorry for Notre Dame :lol: )

Michigan is facing elimination today, I think. They shouldn't have lost to Vanderbilt! Hopefully that won't spill over into football!

How about Nebraska and Kentucky falling to Manhattan and Ball State? What about that UNC-Wilmington/Maine game that was 21-19? That's amazing!

My pick to win this thing is Rice.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:28 pm

Rolltide, were/are you watching the Crimson Tide on ESPN? They're getting ready to lose to UNC. How do you like their chances of a bounceback?

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:20 pm

Isn't that too bad that the guys on the board who follow college baseball already have their teams eliminated? Who are your guys' picks to win this thing? I think it comes down to Rice and Oregon State. The Beavers looked awesome against Stanford. And Stanford was the hottest team in the Super Regionals, if one were to go by stats.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:26 pm

Cal-State Fullerton - outstanding pitching with a very good team behind them. :wink:

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:32 pm

The Titans are just as good as anyone. And they do have a very good pitching staff too. I think it's take-your-pick with this year's CWS; I can't think of a clear favorite this year.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:47 pm

I just happened to catch the Georgia-South Carolina game while sittin at Chili's having a Guiness. 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:20 pm

That's the beauty of the CWS, Eric. Once a team gets there, it's wide open. :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:37 pm

It is all about who's pitchers are hot. They can talk all the want about homeruns and offense, but baseball is all about the pitching. If the pitching is good, you win.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “Off-Topic”