Error Message

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Error Message

Postby donovan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:39 am

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Not sure I am the only one. But the past week I have gotten several times a day, this message. I used a different computer several times and got the same message. Just thought I would let you know.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:10 pm

I've had that message a couple times. I don't know why exactly it occurs, but it isn't like the last time when we had a bunch of posts deleted. Were you around back then? I think that happened sometime in October.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:32 pm

I believe this happens when the server is working on the system. I think they have the data base down at certain points. I have encountered the same error, usually in the morning around 7:00-8:00AM.

openSkies could probably give you a more correct answer about what this is all about.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:30 pm

You're guess is as good as mine =]

From the time periods in which this error occurs, I too think it is probably because of server maintenance. Whenever it happens, though, you can bet your bottom dollar I immediately go and back-up the database haha.

Return to “Off-Topic”