Recent Events

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:20 am

I have had intimate knowledge of two stories that made national headlines. Both of those stories, by the time they hit the national media, weren't even close to being right. Neither of them were really about a reporters spin on things, they were just wrong.

It is like the memory exercise were a guy reads a story and then tells it to another guy and so on. By the time you get to the last guy the story isn't close to the original.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:42 pm

Does anybody buy into this August 22nd hype? I think it's very possible. I've been fearing that Iran already has a nuke.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:03 pm

Iran is a scary country, not to be taken lightly.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:10 pm

Spence wrote:Iran is a scary country, not to be taken lightly.

The government of Iran need to be toppled. Enough playing around. We've taken care of two governments so far...A strategic strike would not be hard.

Maybe while there in their little parliment/congress voting and chanting deth to America we can take the building out.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:55 pm

The problem with doing that is that the people of Iran want to topple their gov't. If we would do it, it would unite the people against a common enemy(us). I don't know the answer, but I know we really need Russia and China on board for this one. Especially Russia.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:25 am

We can sure count on those two :roll: :roll: China is our enemy and Russia is as well, on a lesser scale. They won't have our backs in this war.

The most scary part about all of this is that Ezekiel, Nostradamus, and "The Bible Code" are all in agreement on this situation.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:52 am

Eric wrote:We can sure count on those two :roll: :roll: China is our enemy and Russia is as well, on a lesser scale. They won't have our backs in this war.

The most scary part about all of this is that Ezekiel, Nostradamus, and "The Bible Code" are all in agreement on this situation.

They may be enemies, but they will be friendly enough if they think it is in their best interest. We can't move on iran without the backing of Russia, unless Iran makes a direct attack on us, we risk turning the whole muslem world against us. I know they don't like us much now, but that is a different thing then having them all at war with us.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:58 am

One of the biggest problems is the media coverage. It is the most biased stuff you could ever witness. The deal is that the radicals are manipulating Joe Muslim in the Middle East.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:31 am

Eric wrote:One of the biggest problems is the media coverage. It is the most biased stuff you could ever witness. The deal is that the radicals are manipulating Joe Muslim in the Middle East.

yes I agree but if we start raining bombs on them, we will be supporting what they are being told. If we succeed in Iraq and they actually end up with a form of democracy, that will do more to aid our cause in the middle east then any weapon we could use. It would be a source of hope in a region where few have no hope. Hope keeps people from straping bombs on themselves and blowing things up.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:28 pm

Eric wrote:One of the biggest problems is the media coverage. It is the most biased stuff you could ever witness. The deal is that the radicals are manipulating Joe Muslim in the Middle East.

Agreed.

Return to “Off-Topic”