NFL Thoughts

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

NFL Thoughts

Postby Eric » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:55 pm

Here's some stuff I just wanted to say (nobody's posting on the General Discussion board so I could spend a couple minutes on this):

1. The Saints are a F-R-A-U-D.
I would love for the Saints to be a really good team considering what happened after Katrina. But they aren't. That sucks :( I mean, I was just waiting for them to stop playing so well and it looks like that is the case.

2. What do they call that in Cincinnati? Defense?
I was just so curious as to what made the "experts" think that the Bengals were legit Superbowl contenders. They must work on that defense first before bigger aspirations arrive :shock: (holy cow that defense is bad) :shock: I've been thinking this all season long. The defense was atrocious last season. It's even worse now.

3. Thanksgiving Pigskin is ruined.
The NFL Network debuting on Thanksgiving is not a very good idea. I, being a fan of the Detroit Lions, don't like it. Thanksgiving is reserved for the Cowboys and the Lions.

4. The Colts aren't exactly a fraud, but they aren't as good as advertised.
The Colts seem like USC and Wake Forest this year. The stats (besides passing offense) aren't the prettiest thing in the world, but they just keep winning. There's no way they're going to get through the AFC Playoffs alive.

5. Marques Colston
He's on my fantasy team. I picked him up after the 3rd week of the season in free agency :D :D :D

6. The best team has to be Chicago.
Can there be a case made for anybody else? We're talking about the only team in the NFC besides maybe the Cowboys + Tony Romo that would make the playoffs if they were in the AFC. The Giants would fight for a wildcard. The defense is amazing and the offense is good enough to win games.

7. My Superbowl pick is....
Jacksonville vs. Chicago. The Jags hit the snooze button vs. bad teams but they can play with the best of them. Their defense is really physical and Garrard (ECU) is one of the more underrated players in the conference.

Well, tell me what you think!
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: NFL Thoughts

Postby donovan » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:08 am

Eric wrote:3. Thanksgiving Pigskin is ruined.
The NFL Network debuting on Thanksgiving is not a very good idea. I, being a fan of the Detroit Lions, don't like it. Thanksgiving is reserved for the Cowboys and the Lions.

[

Well, tell me what you think!

Part of the problem in many areas. Nothing is sacred anymore. Traditions get waterdown by inundating imitators. Don't like it..think it is wrong.......
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:20 am

It is like when ESPN took opening day in baseball away from the Cincinnati Reds. The Reds opened the season for as long as I can remember until the late 80's. They always played the first game of the season. Always a day game with a parade and it had the feel of a world series game. The Reds were the first proffessional team, they should have always led the season off.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

silverfox
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby silverfox » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:34 am

Thanksgiving is reserved for the Cowboys and the Lions

Absolutely... They are as Thanksgiving as Turkey....
Win or Lose - IT'S HOW YOU HYPE THE OUTCOME! BCS logic: When teams in the AQ conferences lose, it shows how tough those conferences are; when teams in non-AQ conferences lose, it is weakness.

Return to “Off-Topic”