Why is it from the right wing?

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:10 pm

I don't know what your getting at, Hurricanes are random acts of nature. No one can stop them and the most anyone can do is to react to them.

A terrorist act is not random. They intend to kill as many people as they can kill. They are planned acts of violence and we have a chance to stop them if we find out in time.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:25 pm

People didn't blow off Katrina victims. Look how much money was donated to the victims of Katrina. Look how much was raised by former presidents, Bush and Clinton.

Remembering 9/11 is about America not letting their guard down. Remembering what happened so it doesn't happen again. Doing everything we can to destroy those who took so many innocent men, women, and children from their families in a cowardly act of violence.

We can not stop the next Katrina, it will happen and stopping it is beyond our control. We can stop the next terrorist attack if we stay alert and never forget what these people did to us. Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:38 pm

Remember 9/11 is more a call to arms then it is a remembering of the terrible tragedy. It is a phrase that means we must get to them before they get us again. It is about keeping our guard up, but it is more about making sure it never happens again. The only way to do that is to make sure the people who did it to us are removed from this life.

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:39 pm

Scare tactics? How about reality? Those religious radicals are doing anything they can possibly do to control you, or at least bring upon the next Messiah. In their twisted minds, they envision a world that all follows hard-line, fundamentalist Islamic rules. This is a little more important than you might think :wink:

The problem is, if we take a timewarp to 1940, this issue would already be taken care of :( And America will never wake up.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Why is it from the right wing?

Postby donovan » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:04 am

bar3cat5 wrote:That the right wing always wants to forget hurricane Katrina, but remember 9/11. Katrina was more devasting, but Bush will blow off Katrina but wants to bring up 9/11. Here is my opion he wants us scared of terrorist attacks so he could have more power. He was informed of 9/11 but neglected to do anything, and the same with Katrina. Know I am not saying dems are god like, but look at this also the right wing launches an anti-gay compaign, but have nothing to say about Mr. Foley from their own party that instant messaged minor BOYS. Saying some rediculous stuff.

Pres. Bush is terrible he just wants power to attack more countrys by making us scared.
i know i am going to have every jump on my oponion, but I think this is rediculous.

With this reasoning and spelling...I think you could apply to the BCS selection committee...they have the same logical mentality you express.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:27 pm

Okay, these are mid term elections coming. The response to 9/11 (mainly the invasion of afghanistan and Iraq) was supported by enough members both sides to render the subject not particularly useful except to political agitators and bombthrowers.

DING DING DING!!!!

Dead on!! 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Why is it from the right wing?

Postby Derek » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:28 pm

bar3cat5 wrote:That the right wing always wants to forget hurricane Katrina, but remember 9/11. Katrina was more devasting, but Bush will blow off Katrina but wants to bring up 9/11. Here is my opion he wants us scared of terrorist attacks so he could have more power. He was informed of 9/11 but neglected to do anything, and the same with Katrina. Know I am not saying dems are god like, but look at this also the right wing launches an anti-gay compaign, but have nothing to say about Mr. Foley from their own party that instant messaged minor BOYS. Saying some rediculous stuff.

Pres. Bush is terrible he just wants power to attack more countrys by making us scared.
i know i am going to have every jump on my oponion, but I think this is rediculous.

Let me just say, cause I tire of answering questions/statements like this, that you are definately in the minority here.

How old are you??? :roll:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “Off-Topic”