Classic Movies...

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Classic Movies...

Postby openSkies » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:27 am

Anyone here watch classics from the late 40s through the 50s?

I'm trying to remember the name/actors/anything about a movie I saw probably a year ago. Black amd white. I barely remember any of the plot, and might even be confusing it with another movie... here it goes anyways...

I missed the first part of the movie, but it picked up where a young girl (teens) is at a train station, airport, something... she sits down at a bar/restaraunt, and orders a saucer of milk and some pickles (maybe even strawberries). Anyways, she's been staying with an older man (30s/40s) who I believe was a writer, or something of the sort. Back at the bar, a friend of the older man spots the girl eating her pickles and milk and assumes she's pregnant, with the older man's child of course. The friend goes over to the man and punches him, and the older man has no idea why. Turns out the girl's mother ate pickles and milk when pregnant with her, and kept doing so until the girl was older, where she picked up the habit.

Something along those lines. I only caught a little bit of it, but it's been bothering me all week trying to remember the name of the dang movie, or at least the main actor/actress.

Anyone recall something like that?

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:55 pm

Was it "Bus Stop"?
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:12 pm

... no.

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:16 pm

I don't watch a lot of TCM, so I'm clueless :?
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:13 pm

Not sure what movie that is....But I know TCM has some good freakin movies sometimes....They dont make em like they used too. I used to think that was a tired statement that everyone used. Then I started to watch that channel a little more often and I realized the statement is true. :oops:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “Off-Topic”