any sheet rockers out there?

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

any sheet rockers out there?

Postby bama_girl » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:31 pm

if so, my hats off to ya.

i think you're crazy, but hats off to ya anyway :lol:

i just finished the month long sheetrock nightmare and i never want to see it, smell it or hear it mentioned again. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if i don't kill over during the next month or so from dust inhalation, it will be a miracle.

i started redoing my kitchen in june and it has turned in to remodeling the rest of the house and adding on a room, tearing out walls discovering a bit of sheet rock between the paneling and "oh joy! since this is here, we oughta sheet rock the rest of it and we can redo the cieling too while we're at it since tearing out the walls left these big butt holes in the ceiling!!! it'll be easy!!!!"
:roll: DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

we are refinancing on top off all this and the appraiser is scheduled to be here on thursday.

i am brain dead at this point and i don't know whether i'm coming or going.

didn't really mean to get in to all that but i do feel better :lol:

i'll be fine in a week or two i think.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:12 pm

Hanging sheet rock isn't bad. It is the drywalling that sucks. :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:20 pm

:evil: it's all sheet rock to me, worst idea i ever had. i shoulda called somebody who knew what they were doing to finish it but i'm too stubborn.

another thing, tell your wives that those $20 8 oz. tubes of pore cleansing masks can be bought for $11.97 for a 5 gallon bucket (sheetrock mud) at lowes!!!!!
i'm 99.99999% it's the exact same thing! i'll investigate further and let you know :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:32 pm

The secret is to not put the screws in so deep that they damage the sheet rock, but make sure they are below the surface. Make sure you cut your sheet rock to fit.(Even though you can drywall to fix stuff like that a smooth surface aways makes life easier). Make sure your tape is put on without wrinkles.

Then just spread you drywall and sand. Always use three coats at least or you will see the mistakes when you paint. :D

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:09 pm

that's good advice and i thank you.....but, too late :lol:

i don't know how many coats of it i put on, it was bridging the gaps between old and new that drove me crazy. and also i had the bright idea to build an arch in between rooms. (this decision was made before i even opened a bucket of the stuff).
it was the sanding and sanding and sanding that almost did me in.
i do have new muscles in my arms though!! i'm thinkin about pickin a fight with my big dumb sasquatch of a sister in law while i got 'em :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:38 pm

Good luck with that. :shock:

Yeah, the arches are hard. I wouldn't try that, I would have to call someone who knew more then me. I'm just a weekend warrior when it comes to that stuff. Did you ever think about using an electric sander? :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:34 pm

Hey BG, how did the "after paint" job turn out?

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:00 pm

bama_girl wrote:i do have new muscles in my arms though!! i'm thinkin about pickin a fight with my big dumb sasquatch of a sister in law while i got 'em :lol:

That's one of those things one learns after they get married .... you see, nobody tells you that when you choose a husband or wife that you are really choosing their whole family.

********** :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: **********

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:32 pm

ain't that the truth!

i decided not to whoop her...i think i'll just remain being "the one who ignores the morons and feigns ignorance when annoyed".....this seems to baffle the cretins more than anything :lol:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:41 pm

bama_girl wrote:...i think i'll just remain being "the one who ignores the morons and feigns ignorance when annoyed".....this seems to baffle the cretins more than anything :lol:

That's good, bama-girl, that's very good. :wink:

Return to “Off-Topic”