Don't Ever Forget 9-11-2001

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:02 pm

Outstanding post, HuskerMoon .... simply outstanding.

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:04 pm

Great post. I know I'll never forget it.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:38 pm

Great message. We should always remember what happened and we should always remember who did it and we should always remember how easy it was for them.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:11 pm

Exactly, Spence. I don't think 9/11 will be forgotten, but they have forgotten who has done this to us pretty fast.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:50 pm

Eric wrote:Exactly, Spence. I don't think 9/11 will be forgotten, but they have forgotten who has done this to us pretty fast.

Yes this is true unfortunately, all in the name of power. Makes me angry now that i've started thinking about it. :x
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:50 pm

Eric wrote:Exactly, Spence. I don't think 9/11 will be forgotten, but they have forgotten who has done this to us pretty fast.

Yes this is true unfortunately, all in the name of power. Makes me angry now that i've started thinking about it. :x
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

colorado_loves_football

Re: Don't Ever Forget 9-11-2001

Postby colorado_loves_football » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:52 pm

HuskerMoon wrote:
NEVER FORGET
I don't think I could if I tried.

The fact is those events have transpired and hopefully never will happen again (at least not in my lifetime).

They were horrible and clearly took America by shock.

9/11 was a tragedy in every sense of the word. Anytime anyone dies, that's a tragedy in my opinion, whether it be by an act of war or by natural causes, but it's also important to keep things in perspective.

We are still engaged in a conflict that will likely continue on for a long time. This war is still being fought, it's not 'over' nor likely will be for a long time. Obviously as a nation we are 'blessed'. It's possible that was one motive behind the 9/11 attacks, to limit our 'success' as a society.

So, I hope we keep it all in perspective. Those who were responsible hopefully represented a small 'minority' of people who clearly aren't God-serving (at least not in my opinoin). Call it radical Islam, it's still not a God-centered approach. And I think it backfired.

Similar to Pearl Harbor those who attacked our freedom, are now paying the price for their actioins. Those who died, died for all of us. Each of us, owe them a debt of gratitude, and as such 9/11 should always be remembered as a day of remembrance for all those who have since died, in the name of freedom & democracy.

I hope as a society we will apply the lessons learned, that life is fragile, and tragedy can strike at a moment's notice. We all have a responsibility to represent ourselves to the best of our ability. We don't have to enlist but we can make a difference where we are, hopefuly for the benefit of all.

With that I hope we, individualy will each do 'our part' by holding those who died in our hearts and keeping those in mind who are still fighting for freedom's cause. Thanks, for 'reminding' me how fragile our freedoms,are and can be taken away from us at a moment's notice. We all are indebted to those who lost their lives, and those who are serving now for our individual liberties. May they always be in our thoughts & prayers.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:43 pm

Well said CLF.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “Off-Topic”