Wikipedia

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:15 pm

I don't know about the CFP media agreements, but I would think if you contacted CU and received permission to use an image for the purpose that you described it would be accepted. If not maybe you could write your article and then ask someone with their media department to add the image. I would think if the article was well done and it advanced the image of the school, someone would help you out.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:44 am

We get to use the images only as part of an editorial, and that editorial generally has to be something good about the school (can't use their images to report about the fact that their head coach is dealing coke on the side). I don't think they can technically stop us from doing that, but we do our best to honor their wishes.

We also have to put a 'Courtesy of _____' on the images to let everyone know that we hold no sort of copyright over the image, but the ______ does.

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use images for Wikipedia. I think it would fall under the fair use law. But hey, who knows.

Let me know if CU gives you media access to their photo gallery. We need some more media relationships.

Return to “Off-Topic”