SEC Predictions

A place to chat about that other college sport during the football off-season.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

SEC Predictions

Postby BYUfan1 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:40 pm

SEC East

1. Vanderbilt
2. Tennessee
3. Georgia
4. Kentucky
5. Florida
6. South Carolina

SEC West

1. Mississippi State
2. Arkansas
3. Auburn
4. Alabama
5. Ole Miss
6. LSU
The critic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
-- Oscar Wilde

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: SEC Predictions

Postby RazorHawk » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:14 pm

In the West, I would probably switch Ole Miss and Auburn. I also like Tennessee to win the East and I think Florida will be 3rd or 4th. Kind of a crap shoot at this time though.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

SEC Predictions - KY too high?

Postby Swamp Daddy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:37 pm

I'm not sure how KY has pulled off a few wins but they look to be headed for a bad (very bad by their standards) season. Too eary to point them to the NIT? They might get lucky in the SEC tournament barring any real injuries.

Swamp Daddy 8)
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:55 pm

Arkansas is looking mighty good right now....they whipped Miss St by 20 points on Wednesday and Florida today by 19. Both teams were ranked in the top 25. Currently Tenn is beating Miss St late in the second half....if Tenn wins then Ark will be in first place in the SEC West. Still a lot of games to be played but most of the experts had Arkansas winning the Sec West this year.

Go Hogs!
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:17 pm

It is all about seeding early on in the tournament. The Hogs have been around 8 or 9 the past two years so your opponent is an 8 or 9 seed. Hogs need to play well and finish strong....and shoot for a 4-6 seed. Hogs have defenitely played well as of late. In their losses this year turnovers killed them....and so many of the turnovers were just simply mental errors. The other big thing lately is that Sonny Weems is playing lights out. He is out performing Beverly. Hogwild, I am very excited as well.

Go Hogs.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:32 pm

I agree....the next few games are huge....especially the game in knoxville.

I am so excited. It has been a few years since I have been this excited about the basketball team.

I don't understand why the Hogs did not crack the top 25....you are right they beat two top 25 teams back to back....they beat Miss St by 20 and Florida by 19....at one point in the Florida game Ark had a 30 point lead and Florida was ranked #19.

Doesn't really matter though where they are in the top 25 as long as they keep winning. They will get a good seed in the NCAA tournament if they keep winning.

BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BYUfan1 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:04 am

You guys can do all the bragging you want. The last time I checked Arkansas and Mississippi State have the same conference record. When it is all said and done, the Bulldogs will win the West.
-- Oscar Wilde

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:27 pm

Arkansas did not look very good in their win against Ole Miss and will definitely have their hands full tonight in Knoxville. I look for Miss St to beat the Hogs in the return match in the Hump. Arkansas has still not shown they can win on the road. I do like what Pelphrey has brought, as far as, the intensity of play. Give him two or three years of recruiting and the Hogs may be back to near the level of the mid 90's.

Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Swamp Daddy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:00 am

Well, KY has beat my expectations by 2 wins already and moved into 2nd in the East division :mrgreen: . Interesting ! Still, they may have to win a couple in the SEC tournament to hit 20 wins and get in the NCAA. Probably won't be a very low seed either. Swamp Daddy
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:33 am

Swamp Daddy wrote:Well, KY has beat my expectations by 2 wins already and moved into 2nd in the East division :mrgreen: . Interesting ! Still, they may have to win a couple in the SEC tournament to hit 20 wins and get in the NCAA. Probably won't be a very low seed either. Swamp Daddy

Kentucky will make the NCAA tournament, unless they have a total collapse at the end of the year. I think the SEC will probably get 5 or 6 teams in and one of them will surely be the Wildcats.

GoBoilers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GoBoilers » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:14 pm

How about them Vols? My "family's team". Not mine though.
The preceding statements are solely the opinion of GoBoilers and are, therefore, probably not based whatsoever on fact, research or more time in thought than what was required to physically type them. They're probably correct anyway, so you shouldn't argue too much, because otherwise he'll just blather on forever. On the internet Al Gore invented.

BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BYUfan1 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:18 am

Those Vols lost to Vandy. So much for being #1. Like they say, Vandy is dandy!
-- Oscar Wilde

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:16 am

Vandy may be dandy...but they don't know how to count. Calling a timeout when they didn't have one cost them a chance at beating Arkansas. And it was a senior that did it....could not believe it.....but happy since I am a Hog fan.

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:44 am

Dossenator wrote:Vandy may be dandy...but they don't know how to count. Calling a timeout when they didn't have one cost them a chance at beating Arkansas. And it was a senior that did it....could not believe it.....but happy since I am a Hog fan.
I found it interesting that Arkansas was a 7 point favorite in that game. The home court advantage in BB is huge.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:17 pm

I know....I think Ark can play with anyone if the games were all played in Fayetteville....however they are so inconsistent on the road. At home they wacked Miss St by 20, they beat down Florida by 19, and just beat Vanderbilt. I don't think they will do well in the tournament...if they get in. I guess that it helps all the teams are on the road in the tournament.

Return to “College Basketball”