--- 2022 Bowl Picks ---

Confidence points, straight-up picks, and bragging rights.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: --- 2022 Bowl Picks ---

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:04 pm

I don't think there will be college football in 10 years. Academia already bristles at the salary disparity between sports coaches and assistants and the rest of the school employees. I think you will still have the Ohio State Buckeye's, they just won't be part of Ohio State except for the name and stadium they play in.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: --- 2022 Bowl Picks ---

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:37 pm

Spence wrote:I don't think there will be college football in 10 years. Academia already bristles at the salary disparity between sports coaches and assistants and the rest of the school employees. I think you will still have the Ohio State Buckeye's, they just won't be part of Ohio State except for the name and stadium they play in.

That’s a real possibility……. take a look at the the article I posted in ‘Savior or Gravediggers’. The powers that be realize that, and I’m glad they do. I was really beginning to wonder. :roll:

This guy better be the right guy, I’m doubtful there will be another opportunity. 8)

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Return to “Picks”