ACC

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:19 pm

No, but I read the play by play. I was keeping up with Marshall and K-State ..... if anybody wants to see how to beat yourself in a college football game, just watch Marshall's performance yesterday.

dag-gum bunch of lame brains. :?

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:30 pm

I think the point Sherman general was making is that the bottom of the ACC is every bit as bad as the bottom of the B-East and the top of the B-East is just as competitive as the top of the ACC this year. I agree with him.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:09 pm

"I would say that the six conferences are pretty much even this season. All of the BCS would rather play cupcake home games and make money than match up in competitive intersectional matches."

You are absolutely right on that....But the college's only view the athletic programs as a money making thing anyway. The Georgia program is the most profitable in the country, generating 20 million a year in revenue. This is good for the school, as the expense's of scholarships and running the progams themselves are paid for.

In the end...as far as the faculty is concerened, they only care about providing and education for their students....Not getting voted #1 by the polls.

Not that dont care about winning, but winning is an ends to a means for the money managers at these programs.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”