Uh-Oh

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Uh-Oh

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:52 pm

Yeah, well now think of this . . .
The Big "IF":

If: usc beats nd
If: Georgia Tech beats Georgia
When: florida state beats florida
If: K. State beats Texas
If: Oregon beats Oregon St
&
If: Georgia beats Alabama for the SEC title

We are back to:
#1 Oregon vs #2 Kansas State BCS National Title Game

This is still a very real possibility. Because; Oregon is presently #5, and Kansas St is presently #6 in the BCS.

Georgia Tech has been playing the best offense of their season as of late . . . and with their knowing of Miami's self imposed ban, The Yellowjackets are in the hot spot, to play in the ACC title game.

With all of the focus on who has a chance to play in the National Championship; people maybe forgetting how important this Saturday is to Tech, and how much momentum they can carry with them in the looming matchup versus fsu.

Yes it'll be important to Georgia . . . though, imagine being Tech, knowing you have the chance to knock your most hated rival out of the National Title picture . . . the you get to play for a conference title, and an Auto Bid to the Orange Bowl.

The trojans pretty much have nothing more to play for, other than to go all out and spoil things for nd. They lost to the cross town rival, and now have to watch them play in the pac-12 title game, regardless if UCLA wins this week vs Stanford. Knocking the irish out of the BCS title picture would be the only reconciliation that might otherwise leave this season empty as a complete bust.

If the Bulldogs go down to Tech, they are either gonna be so low vs `Bama that they flop hard in the SEC title game; or they are gonna be looking to rectify the loss, and prove they are still BCS worthy. It would, afterall, be the only way for the Dawgs to nuzzle their way into the BCS. Because a loss to Ga Tech, would drop them out of the at large position, with LSU still in the top ten.

fsu is getting little to no respect in the overall poll, be #10 in the BCS. I look for the gators to be the victims of a hate crime when they go to Tallahassee. If the Yellowjackets beat the Bulldogs, with a possible win over Alabama in the SEC title game . . . fsu monkeystomping florida would halt any aspirations of the gators playing for a National Title . . . as well as, knock them out of the BCS at large spot. --- Nothing better than deflating every possible hope from your most despised enemy.

The Civil War game between the Oregons is @ 3:oo pm wereas the Stanford/UCLA game game start is 6:30 pm. Oregon knows, 'IF' Stanford loses, tehy are back in the pac-12 title game, so long as the Ducks take care of business against the Beavers --- plus the incentive of beating their instate rival.

Kansas State needs to finish off Texas to get it done ~ Texas presently has 2 in-conference losses. Unless Texas loses to TCU Thanksgiving evening, a head to head loss to the Longhorns, and the Wildcats are out of the BCS, not just the National Championship. Even should Texas lose to TCU, Oklahoma has just one loss in-conference, and thus, losing to Texas would still see K. State on the outside looking in.

This is why I like College Football so much . . . only 2 weeks left before the Bowl picture takes form . . . and yet, there is still 'that much' Football left to play . . .

Many things can still happen.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:59 pm

Even More 'IFs':

Georgia Tech beats Georgia
Clemson beast South Carolina
florida state beats florida
usc beats nd
Oregon St beats Oregon
Texas beats K. State
& then
Georgia beats Alabama

The ACC gets a big late season boost, and the seminole schedule looks that much more impressive at year's end.

This is the one thing that could propel fsu into a National Title scenario.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:19 am

You guys do know that if Ga makes it to the NCG, I WILL be unbearable for about 3-4 weeks, right?? 8) :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:30 am

I'm thinking the ACC will be okay. I'm leaning towards Florida State staying, but even if they left to the Big 12 I don't think it would do irreparable damage. You'd have to think for Miami though, the Big 12 is extremely distant. Florida State is a lot closer being in the panhandle. Tallahassee is 500 miles away from Miami and I guess generally that wouldn't be a geographic dealbreaker, but Florida State is already pushing it geographically.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:30 pm

I think both Clemson and Florida State are waiting to see how this whole exit fee thing works with Maryland. If that works out reasonably well, I think they are out of there.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”