This is the week..........

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

This is the week..........

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:02 pm

Where the rubber meets the road. Lots of good games this week Notre Dame-Michigan, Auburn-LSU, Louisville -Miami among others. We should have a pretty good idea where the cream lies after this weekend. This weekend should do a lot to separate the top 10 from the rest of the pack.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:27 pm

Don't forget Va Tech vs Duke!

I mean, c'mon, if that isn't a game that will seperate the Top 10's from each other, what is!?

Haha, man, I'm so tired of playing lame opponents.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:05 am

You guys have Georgia Tech and BC coming up in a couple weeks. Not many testing games early, though. :lol:

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:44 am

just be thankin your lucky stars you ain't gotta face duke AND florida international!!!

i'm a bundle of nerves!!!!

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:25 am

It's an interesting week for the Big East Conference:

West Virginia -vs- Maryland 8)
Connecticut -vs- Wake Forrest :?
Syracuse -vs- Illinois :roll:
Cincinnati -vs- Ohio State :shock:
Pittsburgh -vs- Michigan State :P
South Florida -vs- UCF :?
Louisville -vs- Miami :o
Rutgers -vs- Ohio :wink:

Pretty good measuring stick for the conference as a whole. :lol:

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:28 pm

mountainman wrote:It's an interesting week for the Big East Conference:

West Virginia -vs- Maryland 8)
Connecticut -vs- Wake Forrest :?
Syracuse -vs- Illinois :roll:
Cincinnati -vs- Ohio State :shock:
Pittsburgh -vs- Michigan State :P
South Florida -vs- UCF :?
Louisville -vs- Miami :o
Rutgers -vs- Ohio :wink:

Pretty good measuring stick for the conference as a whole. :lol:

I'll say the Big East goes 4-4 this week. They've got some tough games this time around.

I really believe the Big East conference as a whole is ranked properly while underrated.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:15 pm

I can't wait for the Aubun vs. LSU game. I think this is the game of the week. I personally am rooting for LSU....definetely not because I am a fan. I always look at these situations on how they can help the Hogs. Both teams are in the SEC West with Arkansas...so I am rooting for LSU because the Hogs get them in Arkansas at the end of the season....in what is always a hard fought game and a winable game for Ark. I do not think the Hogs can go into Auburn this year and beat them. Go LSU. I am also rooting against Bama, Ole Miss, and Miss State this week....and of course rooting for the Hogs at Vandy.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:16 pm

I think Auburn - LSU is the game of the week also. Great matchup with BCS implications.

MM, not much worry about the B-10 games. I think Ohio State beats Cincy, but the B-10 isn't very good this year. Illinois may be the worse team in division 1-A. Michigan State is a up and down team. Ohio State really needs Texas to win out, if they want to do well with the computers because the B-10 will hurt them this year.

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:33 pm

I think Auburn wins but I picked LSU, just in case :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:45 pm

I picked Auburn in a close one.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:00 pm

rolltide wrote:Unless Auburn has really been sandbagging, I think they don't have the run D they need to stop LSU. In both games, Auburn's D has looked a little shaky compared to last year. Miss. St. stopped K. Irons, but not good enough to controll the Auburn passing game. I think LSU wins.

I watched part of that game rolltide and from what I saw the Auburn offensive line was having trouble getting the Mississippi State defense blocked ....... the Bulldogs were committing to stop the run though.

Does Auburn have a veteran offensive line or are those guys kinda' inexperienced?

By the way, Irons is a great back.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:11 pm

Derek wrote:I picked Auburn in a close one.

I think this will be a statement game for LSU.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:04 am

Spence wrote:
Derek wrote:I picked Auburn in a close one.

I think this will be a statement game for LSU.

I hope Auburn loses, but Im going for points and wins. :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:27 pm

Rali wrote: Didn't UC almost beat Ohio State the year that OSU won the NC? Seems to me that UC dropped two winning TD passes on their last possesion. Spence would know more about than I. However, this year's UC team does not seem to be on the same level as that year's UC team. They had the really good QB with the funny name then, but they seem to be having problems at that position this season and do not stand a chance in Columbus in my opionion. Pitt beating Michigan State would be a nice feather the BE's cap, also.

UC did take us to the mat in '02. Actually several teams took us to the mat that year. We were a no offense team with an all world defense. It was a very nerve racking year to be a Buckeye. It ended well, though. :wink:

It is a compliment when teams you are playing say they think they will "cover the spread". It means you have arrived when the homers are predicting they can cover the spread.

UC doesn't stand a huge chance against Ohio State this week, but here are a few things to remember.

1. Mark Dantonio built Ohio State's current defensive philosophy. It was his baby and he knows it very well.

2. Tress and Dantonio are very good friends. Tressel won't embarrass Dantonio. Tressel called Cincy to recommend coach Dantonio and has helped him recruit some players that couldn't get in to Ohio State to Cincinnati.

Look for Ohio State to run the ball and try to grind the game out. Troy Smith and Ted Ginn will get their numbers because of the heisman thing, but Tressel won't unleash the dogs on him. The Spread is thirty and if Ohio State covers, they will have to do it with players way down on the depth chart.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:57 pm

You really can't count anyone "out"...even a non competitive Cincinnati...

Like Troy did to FSU this year..and did in 2004, taking a 10 win LSU deep into the 4th...(LSU won by 4 points put up in the final two minutes), any team can be a problem.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “General Discussion”