Early odds on USC/Huskers

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:29 pm

88 check your top 25 poll. You have WVU on twice.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:14 pm

When you have a winner...DOUBLE DOWN!
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:20 am

Huskermoon...I hope Nebraska kicks the crap out of USC. My Hogs just turned the ball over too much (F. Jones...3 fumbles on his first 4 carries I believe). If Nebraska can keep from turning over the ball I think they are in this game until the end. I agree with you...USC is definetely beatable. I thought it was amazing that Arkansas was in that game at half after turning the ball over several times and giving USC great field position. I will be rooting for the Huskers this week.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:38 am

A win by Nebraska over the Trojans would be huge .....

I don't know though ..... the Trojans looked very good against the Razorbacks .... their linebackers were sideline to sideline and the rest of the defense looked good to me .... Booty had a good game and they have so many good tailbacks .... and to think they put on the performance they did in the first game of the season, on the road, at Arkansas, against a fired up team, and all those frenzied fans.

The Trojans looked good .... very good.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:41 pm

Mountainman....I disagree with you that the Trojans looked great against the Razorbacks. If F. Jones does not fumble 3 times in the first half the Hogs hang with them. The defense made Booty and their star receivers look mortal until the second half...only because they had been on the field too long. And the fumbles were not caused by their defense being hard hitting and quick. Look back at those plays and idiot F. Jones was caring the ball in one hand down around his right thigh as he approached the line of scrimmage. Not smart running. I think the Nebraska...if they can avoid careless mistakes like Arkansas can beat the Trojans. And I think they will. Go Nebraska!
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:56 pm

Sounds like there's a gentlemen's bet brewing. :lol:

How about 25 CFP Bucks for each of you guys and I'll take the Trojans straight-up.

Deal?

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:06 pm

Understood, HuskerMoon .... sorry, I do now recall you saying that.

How about you Dossenator?

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:29 pm

HuskerMoon wrote:Hey Mountainman, don't bet this game, you must have a neutral standpoint here. Husker Nation and myself would really appreciate your support on Saturday.

That goes for any nuetral fan or Trojan haters.. We in Husker nation would appreciate your support. Maybe we can harness that positive Juju. :D

Heck no, HuskerMoon .... I'm not neutral here. My Mountaineers are on the outside looking in. Southern Cal is one of the teams that has to lose if we're going to have a chance to make it to the big game this season.

I'm rootin' like the dickens for the Huskers. :lol:

O.K. Dossenator ... we've got a bet. Ill log it so Spence can make the payoff to one or the other of us. 8)

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:01 pm

Mountainman...your on. I take Nebraska and you pick USC straight up for 25. I don't even know what the bucks are for....so I don't guess it matters if I lose them or not. Go Huskers!

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:24 pm

Hey, Dossenator ... I have no idea what happened. I made a post acknowledging our bet, but my post showed up before yours even though I read the post you made about accepting the bet before I made the reply ....... strange.

Regardless, I'll post the bet.

Check it out HuskerMoon ...... my reply quoting your post is time and date stamped and posted before your post ..... weird.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:41 pm

I'll report it to Matt.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:28 pm

I have had trouble posting today. I will type something and press submit and it will say you can not post so soon after you have posted...even if it has been 30 minutes since my last post. Only about 1 out of every 4 of my posts have gone through. Anyway, not sure what the problem is. Go Huskers!....well for this week anyway.

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:48 pm

huskerbux wrote:I agree with you on the recent blowouts...we haven't seen that in along time...even in Solich's days.

I think Colorado's 62-36 'win' over Nebraska qualifies as a 'blowout' considering for all intents and purposes, it was over at halftime.

Nebraska made a game of it, but couldn't stop Chris Brown to save their life. 6 TDs. That proved a lot, about how far the Colorado program had come, and how far the Nebraska program had 'sunk' since Tom Osborne's departure.

huskerbux wrote:Huskers...just can't do it.

I won't argue with that.
Last edited by colorado_loves_football on Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:28 am

Either way I'm happy:
Huskers win: Big 12 North looks good
Huskers lose: Huskers lose

Huskers win: Big 12 North looks good
Huskers win: Crap! We have to play you guys at home this year.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:13 am

Texas needs to cheer for Nebraska...it will help the Longhorns to beat a stronger Husker team...and, incidentally, it would knock USC down to back behind Texas.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “General Discussion”