All time greatest play

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
GoBoilers
Head Coach
Head Coach

All time greatest play

Postby GoBoilers » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:59 pm

We have probably done this before so shut me up if we have.

For me it has to be the Boise St vs Oklahoma in the BCS with the end of the game statue of liberty winning the game! Followed with Fluties hail Mary decades ago. ALL time greatest was the "immaculate" reception of Franco Harris and Pittsburgh in the 70's. Of course that was Pro but, wow I still see it in slow mo!
The preceding statements are solely the opinion of GoBoilers and are, therefore, probably not based whatsoever on fact, research or more time in thought than what was required to physically type them. They're probably correct anyway, so you shouldn't argue too much, because otherwise he'll just blather on forever. On the internet Al Gore invented.

Grayghost
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: All time greatest play

Postby Grayghost » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:03 pm

For me it was "The Play", Cal-Stanford. Why, well one because I am a Cal fan, 2. I was there, and 3. Seeing a Stanford band member get crushed. Ah...good times.

Besides that...not a play, but a performance...Marshall Faulk breaking the single game rushing record against UOP. Why...1. I was there, 2. I was shocked going "who the hell is this guy", and 3. I was amazed because he didn't start the game and didn't come in until the end of the 1st quarter. If he had been in there the whole time, Tony Sands from Kansas never would have broke his record in the last game against K-state that same year.
I dont care who wins as long as Notre Dame loses!

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:18 pm

Mine was against Purdue at Ross-Ade stadium in 2002. I was at the game. The play was the "holy Buckeye" pass from Krenzel to Jenkins on 4 and 2. No one thought Tress would call a pass play - and he didn't - Krenzel changed the play in the huddle and hit Jenkins in the endzone to win the game. Traffic was terrible on the way home and I didn't mind one bit. :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:18 pm

Mine was against Purdue at Ross-Ade stadium in 2002. I was at the game. The play was the "holy Buckeye" pass from Krenzel to Jenkins on 4 and 2. No one thought Tress would call a pass play - and he didn't - Krenzel changed the play in the huddle and hit Jenkins in the endzone to win the game. Traffic was terrible on the way home and I didn't mind one bit. :lol:

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:15 am

Grayghost wrote:For me it was "The Play", Cal-Stanford. Why, well one because I am a Cal fan, 2. I was there, and 3. Seeing a Stanford band member get crushed. Ah...good times.

This one has my vote.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:42 am

Mine was Vick's 40+ yard scramble against West Virginia in 1999. I remember falling to my knees in front of the TV begging Vick to bring them back from a sure loss. Then he broke free and scrambled 40 yards into W. Va territory and the field goal kicker makes it to keep them undefeated and on their way to the National Title Game.

Although Logan Thomas's 20 yard QB Sneak with 30 seconds to play against Miami has created a new game changer memory for me. In fact, that game changed the whole complexion of the season and is the reason they are 11-1 and vying for an ACC title.

GoBoilers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GoBoilers » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:49 am

Spence wrote:Mine was against Purdue at Ross-Ade stadium in 2002. I was at the game. The play was the "holy Buckeye" pass from Krenzel to Jenkins on 4 and 2. No one thought Tress would call a pass play - and he didn't - Krenzel changed the play in the huddle and hit Jenkins in the endzone to win the game. Traffic was terrible on the way home and I didn't mind one bit. :lol:

I was at that game and remember saying they will go for it all before it happened. A bad memory.
The preceding statements are solely the opinion of GoBoilers and are, therefore, probably not based whatsoever on fact, research or more time in thought than what was required to physically type them. They're probably correct anyway, so you shouldn't argue too much, because otherwise he'll just blather on forever. On the internet Al Gore invented.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:22 pm

GoBoilers wrote:
Spence wrote:Mine was against Purdue at Ross-Ade stadium in 2002. I was at the game. The play was the "holy Buckeye" pass from Krenzel to Jenkins on 4 and 2. No one thought Tress would call a pass play - and he didn't - Krenzel changed the play in the huddle and hit Jenkins in the endzone to win the game. Traffic was terrible on the way home and I didn't mind one bit. :lol:

I was at that game and remember saying they will go for it all before it happened. A bad memory.

I was in the endzone on the closed end of the stadium (the opposite side the completion was on) so I saw the rear view of the play. When Krenzel did the play action fake my heart sank. Then I saw him let loose of the ball and I couldn't see Jenkins from that view. I thought he was throwing out of bounds. When I saw Jenkins running threw the back of the endzone holding the football up I went from down to elated in the blink of an eye. That was a good game. The field goal kick with 2 seconds at the end of the half and then that ending. I could see how the memory would have been so great from the other view.

Maybe we saw each other and didn't know Boilers. :lol:

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:27 am

Grayghost wrote:For me it was "The Play", Cal-Stanford. Why, well one because I am a Cal fan, 2. I was there, and 3. Seeing a Stanford band member get crushed. Ah...good times.

Besides that...not a play, but a performance...Marshall Faulk breaking the single game rushing record against UOP. Why...1. I was there, 2. I was shocked going "who the hell is this guy", and 3. I was amazed because he didn't start the game and didn't come in until the end of the 1st quarter. If he had been in there the whole time, Tony Sands from Kansas never would have broke his record in the last game against K-state that same year.

I would say this play is the most storied in all of CFB
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

GoBoilers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GoBoilers » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:10 pm

Deleted
Last edited by GoBoilers on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoBoilers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GoBoilers » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:11 pm

Derek wrote:

I would say this play is the most storied in all of CFB

Yup, I change my vote to Cal/Stanford! On the pro side the "Immaculate reception" is still it!

Return to “General Discussion”