Happy Thanksgiving

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Happy Thanksgiving

Postby donovan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:00 pm

Good wishes to you all. One thing I am thankful for is knowing that on this board, where we never agree, even when we do, all of us understand there are so many more important things in the world. Thanks for being friends. Donovan
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:03 pm

You too Donovan. You guys brighten my day.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:04 pm

Agreed. Maybe some Turkey Dinner will clam me down about this national title debate. And then when Arkansas/LSU plays on Friday I'll be back at it :D

Football isn't important. It's a hobby. So we should all be thankful for things other than football.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:20 pm

Yes it is a hobby. It is a nice distraction in what has been a really tough year for me. I am really thankful for that.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:06 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

We'll cook up our son's favorite family traditional dinner....we always love to see him stuff himself (he is rail thin).

Turkey, dressing, rice, mashed potatos, giblet gravy, cranberry sauce, southern cornbread/oyster dressing, green beans, squash, collards, rolls, cornbread, and apple pie for a little later when a second wind hits.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:19 pm

Back at ya Donovan. I hope everyone has a good one. 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:53 pm

billybud wrote:Happy Thanksgiving to all!

We'll cook up our son's favorite family traditional dinner....we always love to see him stuff himself (he is rail thin).

Turkey, dressing, rice, mashed potatos, giblet gravy, cranberry sauce, southern cornbread/oyster dressing, green beans, squash, collards, rolls, cornbread, and apple pie for a little later when a second wind hits.

We do the traditional stuff. We get together with all our family. My contribution is Creme Brulee. I'm making it tonight. It is the only dessert I know how to make. :lol:

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:29 pm

I second that. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving with family.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:04 am

Enough of this cumbaya crap.... Who ya got tonight, the Longhorns or the Aggies? I hate to see this storied rivalry go by the wayside, but I don't think Texas wants to continue with A&M going to the SEC.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:27 am

RazorHawk wrote:Enough of this cumbaya crap.... Who ya got tonight, the Longhorns or the Aggies? I hate to see this storied rivalry go by the wayside, but I don't think Texas wants to continue with A&M going to the SEC.

:lol: I think the aggies will come out to a 21 point lead and lose it in the second half with the game ending in a 3 point aggie loss. :lol:

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:13 am

OK...Turkey went in the oven at 6:30 this morning. We are having a light breakfast in a minute. Coffee, a muffin, and cantelope.

Back to the Kumbaya...I, like Donovan, feel that this small board is a band of friends. We argue, get sarcastic, espouse our biased viewpoints (well, not me), but the board is intimate enough that it is all in a most friendly fashion...

Y'all (plural for y'all) have a nice Thanksgiving...signing off now...BB
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:14 am

You too BB

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:36 am

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

I hope everyone is able to forge strong memories of family today. It is those that we love and understand unconditionally that give us the greatest moments in our life. Even as I watch my mother and brother disagree and fervently argue about each and every topic that comes up for conversation I am grateful for the revelry and their presence. As I stand around the turkey deep friar out in the cold shaking to stay warm I will do so with a happy smirk on my face that I am able to have these times.

To you and yours,

Vile

GoBoilers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GoBoilers » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:03 pm

Happy to all. Be even hapoier if A&M wins for no particular reason. Going to watch the game with an Aggie friend so I have to root for them!
The preceding statements are solely the opinion of GoBoilers and are, therefore, probably not based whatsoever on fact, research or more time in thought than what was required to physically type them. They're probably correct anyway, so you shouldn't argue too much, because otherwise he'll just blather on forever. On the internet Al Gore invented.

Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:38 pm

Happy Thanksgiving guys. Already had the two traditions of turkey dinner and watching the Lions lose (even with their decent season, but Rodgers is just a beast this year). Now to the third, Cheers T'giving episode airing on WGN right now. :mrgreen:

Return to “General Discussion”