The NCAA rule that gets everybody.....

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

The NCAA rule that gets everybody.....

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:12 pm

Title: 19.01.2 - Exemplary Conduct.
Individuals employed by or associated with member institutions for the administration, the conduct or the coaching of intercollegiate athletics are, in the final analysis, teachers of young people. Their responsibility is an affirmative one, and they must do more than avoid improper conduct or questionable acts. Their own moral values must be so certain and positive that those younger and more pliable will be influenced by a fine example. Much more is expected of them than of the less critically placed citizen.

:lol: Show this to any AD and he is shaking in his boots. :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

GoBoilers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: The NCAA rule that gets everybody.....

Postby GoBoilers » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Spence wrote:Title: 19.01.2 - Exemplary Conduct.
Individuals employed by or associated with member institutions for the administration, the conduct or the coaching of intercollegiate athletics are, in the final analysis, teachers of young people. Their responsibility is an affirmative one, and they must do more than avoid improper conduct or questionable acts. Their own moral values must be so certain and positive that those younger and more pliable will be influenced by a fine example. Much more is expected of them than of the less critically placed citizen.

:lol: Show this to any AD and he is shaking in his boots. :lol:

WOW!
The preceding statements are solely the opinion of GoBoilers and are, therefore, probably not based whatsoever on fact, research or more time in thought than what was required to physically type them. They're probably correct anyway, so you shouldn't argue too much, because otherwise he'll just blather on forever. On the internet Al Gore invented.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:29 pm

I refuse to think we need the NCAA to set standards of moral conduct nor do I believe that the arrogance of the phrase of a "less critically placed citizen" is at all meaningful. Having said that, "I hope they are shaking in their boots."
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

wvjohn
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby wvjohn » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:23 pm

donovan wrote:I refuse to think we need the NCAA to set standards of moral conduct nor do I believe that the arrogance of the phrase of a "less critically placed citizen" is at all meaningful. Having said that, "I hope they are shaking in their boots."

Agree, I also think that all people involved in the Penn St. thing :oops: should be done the same way then put in jail and let it continue to happen every day 4-5 times a day and no lube....Just sayin :twisted:
Big 12

FEAR NONE RESPECT ALL

IT IS A GREAT DAY TO BE A MOUNTAINEER WHERE EVER YOU MAY BE

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:33 pm

donovan wrote:I refuse to think we need the NCAA to set standards of moral conduct nor do I believe that the arrogance of the phrase of a "less critically placed citizen" is at all meaningful. Having said that, "I hope they are shaking in their boots."

I thInk this is the "gotcha" rule for the NCAA. If they thInk you're dirty and they can't prove it, boom - they have this rule.

If I was an AD and a NCAA official tried to get me on this rule, I would(ethically) give him fair warning before I busted him into next Tuesday. :)
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

wvjohn
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby wvjohn » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:55 am

Spence wrote:

I thInk this is the "gotcha" rule for the NCAA. If they thInk you're dirty and they can't prove it, boom - they have this rule.

If I was an AD and a NCAA official tried to get me on this rule, I would(ethically) give him fair warning before I busted him into next Tuesday. :)

I like that. :shock: :wink: :lol:
Big 12

FEAR NONE RESPECT ALL

IT IS A GREAT DAY TO BE A MOUNTAINEER WHERE EVER YOU MAY BE

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:45 am

Or what about that time the FORMER AD for Georgia got caught driving with panties around his neck?

Would that be a violation?? :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:07 pm

Derek wrote:Or what about that time the FORMER AD for Georgia got caught driving with panties around his neck?

Would that be a violation?? :lol:

Maybe in Georgia, In Washington it is just another day at Starbucks.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:25 pm

It was the same silk as his ascot...honest mistake.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “General Discussion”