BCS Rankings: TCU leaps Boise

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: BCS Rankings: TCU leaps Boise

Postby donovan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:46 am

Eric, there is no dead horse........I agreed and still do with you...this subject is beat like Billybud should have been when he was a child...but do to kind and understanding parents..well, I digress.........

So this is my point. Not like I have made it a zilllion times. So a new point. I am not sure...but I would guess I have seen, in person, Boise play as much as anyone on this site, maybe not. The style of football they play is entertaining...and I will say I have watched them when there seasons were not all so unblemished. They are a team that picked a path to compete on a higher level. The reason is not a great secret. There is a lot of money in Idaho. The Simplots, Albertsons, et al, have dumped millions of personal dollars into Idaho Schools, in academics, culture and atheletics. So Boise took the money and, I think, wisely used it to develop a first class program. Never going to be in the same league with large Universities with enormous endowments. The joined the ranks and followed the rules. Unfortunately to many, the rules give them an advantage they see as unfair, be it, a newcomer or there schedule is not tough enough. My position is and has always been, quit blaming Boise and change the rules so they can be applied with out middle of the game antics. I say antics because computer polls have required certain criteria....we have had testimony on this...and human polls are just that. So I will take the pledge to not continue to beat the dead horse. :D
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:14 pm

Dead horses are what they are!

Lives shortened by fodder, they exist only to be beaten. If not held out to be beaten, they end ground up as cat food.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:19 pm

donovan wrote:Eric, there is no dead horse........I agreed and still do with you...this subject is beat like Billybud should have been when he was a child...but do to kind and understanding parents..well, I digress.........

So this is my point. Not like I have made it a zilllion times. So a new point. I am not sure...but I would guess I have seen, in person, Boise play as much as anyone on this site, maybe not. The style of football they play is entertaining...and I will say I have watched them when there seasons were not all so unblemished. They are a team that picked a path to compete on a higher level. The reason is not a great secret. There is a lot of money in Idaho. The Simplots, Albertsons, et al, have dumped millions of personal dollars into Idaho Schools, in academics, culture and atheletics. So Boise took the money and, I think, wisely used it to develop a first class program. Never going to be in the same league with large Universities with enormous endowments. The joined the ranks and followed the rules. Unfortunately to many, the rules give them an advantage they see as unfair, be it, a newcomer or there schedule is not tough enough. My position is and has always been, quit blaming Boise and change the rules so they can be applied with out middle of the game antics. I say antics because computer polls have required certain criteria....we have had testimony on this...and human polls are just that. So I will take the pledge to not continue to beat the dead horse. :D

That makes perfect sense to me. I also think some, myself included, are quick to react what might happen, instead of waiting to see how it all plays out.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:27 pm

billybud wrote:Dead horses are what they are!

Lives shortened by fodder, they exist only to be beaten. If not held out to be beaten, they end ground up as cat food.

Seeing how Bronco's are horses......

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:43 pm

which reminds me of an old Stones tune...(the tune and the Stones are both old).

Wiiiild, wiiild horses, couldn't drag me away....Wild Horses. we'll ride them some day.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:11 pm

billybud wrote:which reminds me of an old Stones tune...(the tune and the Stones are both old).

Wiiiild, wiiild horses, couldn't drag me away....Wild Horses. we'll ride them some day.

\\

The tune, the Stones and the listener.....

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:26 pm

donovan wrote:
billybud wrote:which reminds me of an old Stones tune...(the tune and the Stones are both old).

\\

The tune, the Stones and the listener.....

And unfortunately the people reading the thread. :lol: :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Spence wrote:And unfortunately the people reading the thread. :lol: :lol:

Except;

I am not at all familiar with that song. 8)

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:10 pm

liar :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”