OSU -v- Miami

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

OSU -v- Miami

Postby WoVeU » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:16 pm

That kick return was impressive from Miami. Hadn't seen many so far this season.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: OSU -v- Miami

Postby Spence » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:49 pm

Ohio State's special teams are terrible again this year. They have given Miami 14 points. This game is nothing like the last meeting between these teams. Both of them have played terrible football so far. Harris doesn't deserve two of the interceptions. Just terrible execution. Pryor hasn't progress one single bit since last year. He still telegraphs his passes and he makes atrocious decisions. Neither one of these teams are top 10 teams.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:11 pm

Spence wrote:Ohio State's special teams are terrible again this year. They have given Miami 14 points. This game is nothing like the last meeting between these teams. Both of them have played terrible football so far. Harris doesn't deserve two of the interceptions. Just terrible execution. Pryor hasn't progress one single bit since last year. He still telegraphs his passes and he makes atrocious decisions. Neither one of these teams are top 10 teams.
Spence, quit crying with that big loaf of bread under your arm. Again, no rose colored glasses on you, just the opposite. Ohio St will wind up with at the most 1 or 2 losses and be a top 10 team and probably be in a BCS bowl, if not the championship game. :D

If Ohio St is not a top 10 team, who are they?
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:28 pm

Top ten teams do not play that poorly on special teams. Pryor needs to get it together between his ears.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:33 pm

The problem is that you can watch all of the top 40 teams, and if you see any that look top 10...it is most likely relative this early in the season. You get a whole lot of crap unitl you get a whole lot of snaps!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:36 pm

WoVeU wrote: You get a whole lot of crap unitl you get a whole lot of snaps!

That's kind of catchy....you should write a country song.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:36 pm

WoVeU wrote:The problem is that you can watch all of the top 40 teams, and if you see any that look top 10...it is most likely relative this early in the season. You get a whole lot of crap unitl you get a whole lot of snaps!

Pryor has two plus years of snaps.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:41 pm

Spence wrote:
WoVeU wrote:The problem is that you can watch all of the top 40 teams, and if you see any that look top 10...it is most likely relative this early in the season. You get a whole lot of crap unitl you get a whole lot of snaps!

Pryor has two plus years of snaps.

You know what I mean. He has 10 teammates, and the group needs them together, and recency helps. Heck, I've seen pro teams return all starting vets quite often look bad in areas the 1st 2 games.
R. Reagan

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Dossenator wrote:
WoVeU wrote: You get a whole lot of crap unitl you get a whole lot of snaps!

That's kind of catchy....you should write a country song.

I think there are enough bad country songs out there right now! Well, across all genres, song-writing is at an all time low.
R. Reagan

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:44 pm

We aren't any better...

Our special teams saw big returns against them, and wound up seeing Ohio State starting at mid field most of the game.

Our defense can't keep us in every game this year.

Ohio State certainly deserved that game... because even if we had some how turned it around, and pushed for the win... it still would have felt like a loss.

Only positive, is that we were able to keep Ohio State out of the endzone, six times in the redzone... but we still gave up 5 fieldgoals.

Not good when you lose by 12.

I said it before the season started...

Our biggest ??? would be whether Harris would force the ball under pressure. And again, today that cost us.

But, what the heck.?!

3 dropped passes in the endzone... on two separate drives... both of which we ended up settling for a missed field goal, and a blocked one.

The only way for Jacory to even begin to get into a rhythm, is if the wide outs are doing their part, by catching the ball.

We need to rethink our strategy, or find players who want to execute the game plan...

Good win for OSU... congrats!

As for us;

I guess there's always the conference championship to look forward to... whatever that's worth.

I'm thinking the ACC should just give up their AutoBid to the Mountain West this season...

I'm disgusted.

:!:

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:51 pm

Two of the INT's weren't on Harris really even the forth on wasn't on him. He played a lot better game then he will get credit for in the box score. Special teams on both sides were bad. Defenses played alright. Ohio State ran the ball good, but Pryor has to get it together and quit guiding his passes and he needs to start making better decisions.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:04 pm

Yeah,

I can see your frustration...

I kept thinking; now if we could only catch one of those five passes Pryor threw right at our defenders.

Maybe Harris can't be blamed for all of those interceptions.

But that doesn't make it "Not" our offense's fault. Our receivers need to pull it in, hang on... and stay with the route.

Also, Harris didn't target the deep man who beat the secondary very often. There were receivers open in the Buckeyes' safety zone most of the game.

Where was the deep attack?

Sure there was pressure... but, if someone is getting open, adjust the play in huddle, and plan on throwing the ball there.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:06 pm

And, for the record...

I retract my endorsement of Boise State!

If Va Tech is going to follow up a loss to the broncos with a loss to "James Madison"... Boise gets no love from me, for beating that flatfooted bunch.

Cane... [__]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:10 pm

The deep ball was what Ohio State was protecting against. I hate that cover 2 zone too. :twisted: I don't mean to say that it wasn't the offense's fault. Just lots of people I hear are putting this on Harris and I don't think that is accurate. I actually thought he played a really good game - he just got hosed by his receivers. Benjamin had some good plays be he gave up as much as he did well. I was hoping for more of a game like last time. I punch um in the mouth brawl. Whether you agree with what happened at the end of that game or not, you have to admit that the players left it all on the field that night. I was hoping for something like that and we for sure didn't get it.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:20 pm

It certainly doesn't help to have our O-Line committing so many stupid penalties, either.

We had some huge plays negated, that halted half a dozen of our drives, simply because of our line trying to do too much.

Many of those flags were on players who committed the penalty, away from the play.

You can't win the big games making that many boneheaded mistakes.

Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”