SEC

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

SEC

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:53 pm

Best Player: Kenny Irons
Bust Player: Chris Leak
Best Team: Probably Auburn
Bust Team: Florida
Sleeper Team: Tennessee
URP: Patrick Willis (LB, Ole Miss)
MIG: LSU @ Tennessee 11-4
Winner: Tennessee
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:41 pm

I suspect that Auburn, LSU, and Bama may be good...Florida is more of a mystery but I think that they win the East. If Tennessee comes all the way back from 6-5 in one year, I'd be surprised. And Forida has the hoo-doo over Georgia going on.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:50 pm

Rolltide, I think your team looks really good coming into this season. I pretty much guessed between Auburn and Alabama for the West this year, but Bama should be expecting a 10 win season, especially with the cupcakes that are on the schedule.

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:09 pm

Alabama starts off with Hawaii, Vanderbilt, and UL Monroe at home, then a 2 game stretch at home against Duke and Ole Miss after Arkansas and Florida on the road, then after Tennessee at Neyland Stadium, Bama has FIU and Mississippi State.

That may take a minute to put together, but all I'm saying is that Alabama has 5 loseable games, but they are better than that, so 10-2 should be an attainable goal this year. It's a tough break that they get 4 of those games on the road (@ LSU, @ Tennessee, @ Florida, @ Arkansas).

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:35 pm

Rolltide...save up some bucks...next year you and need to bet on the Bama/FSU match.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:25 pm

Best Player: Kenny Irons
Bust Player: Maybe Chris Leak
Best Team: Auburn
Bust Team: LSU
Sleeper Team: Georgia
URP: Eric Ainge
MIG: Georgia - Florida (Division Championship Game)
Winner: Auburn
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:13 pm

Derek, why do you think LSU is going to be a bust. They have a ton of talent. Is it because you don't think Les Miles style will fly in the SEC? Just curious because I am think of ranking LSU pretty high in my preseason poll.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:57 am

Speaking of the SEC, nobody has mentioned South Carolina. How do you guys feel they will play this year? I predict nothing more than average. I think they'll get about 7 wins. Here is the schedule, it looks pretty hard outside the 5 easy games:

8/31 Mississippi State
9/9 Georgia
9/16 Wofford
9/23 Florida Atlantic

9/28 Auburn
10/7 at Kentucky
10/21 at Vanderbilt

10/28 Tennessee
11/4 Arkansas
11/11 at Florida
11/18 MTSU
11/25 at Clemson

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:53 pm

MSU...lost 9 games last year...bad team...WIN

Georgia...I think a LOSS

Wofford...WIN

FAU.......bad team, WIN

Auburn......LOSS

Kentucky....Kentucky was bad..WIN

Vandy.......Vandy lost the great QB...WIN

Tennessee....50/50

Florida....Urban is pumped...LOSS

MTSU....WIN

Clemson....Clemson has owned them of late...LOSS

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:05 pm

Vandy...odds are against it...in 115 years of playing football, Vandy has never had a 10 win season..heck, their 9 win season was 90 years ago.

Vandy has has one winning season in the last 30....I'll take any bets on Vandy as the Champ, LOL.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:16 pm

billybud wrote:Vandy...odds are against it...in 115 years of playing football, Vandy has never had a 10 win season..heck, their 9 win season was 90 years ago.

Vandy has has one winning season in the last 30....I'll take any bets on Vandy as the Champ, LOL.

Only with real money not CFP bucks. :lol: I agree. Last year was Vandy's shot. This year they go back to the back row.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:17 pm

and even last year, Vandy was 5-6...

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:40 pm

Spence wrote:Derek, why do you think LSU is going to be a bust. They have a ton of talent. Is it because you don't think Les Miles style will fly in the SEC? Just curious because I am think of ranking LSU pretty high in my preseason poll.

Maybe bust is a bad word to use for them, everyone seems to think they will win the SEC. However, I dont think they will even make it to the SEC Champ. game.

Just a hunch.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:48 am

billybud wrote:MSU...lost 9 games last year...bad team...WIN

I know Mississippi State isn't that good, but don't be suprised when they bring it to South Carolina. This game is probably going to be a boring one if you like offense. It'll be a tough, offensive struggle. I think the Bulldogs have a top 15 caliber-defense, it's just that the offense stinks. Even so, I'm taking MSU 17-10, it'll be around that neighborhood, even if USC wins the game.

MSU finished 29th in the country last year in total defense, and it should be even better this year, and consider that they got no help from the offense. MSU should be in the running for a bowl game this year. I don't think they'll make it though. It's actually possible this year! Maybe year 4 for Croom will bring a bowl game.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:08 am

Derek wrote:
Spence wrote:Derek, why do you think LSU is going to be a bust. They have a ton of talent. Is it because you don't think Les Miles style will fly in the SEC? Just curious because I am think of ranking LSU pretty high in my preseason poll.

Maybe bust is a bad word to use for them, everyone seems to think they will win the SEC. However, I dont think they will even make it to the SEC Champ. game.

Just a hunch.

Is it because of Miles?

Return to “General Discussion”