SEC

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:54 pm

Les Miles is a good coach, I'm not sure if he can bring a championship. I think LSU certainly has all the talent in the world, I guess we'll see soon.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: to Spence... or whomever

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:04 pm

Or maybe it's just that Dawgy Dawg feeling.

I've noticed it happen to myself. I'll proclaim, said team isn't going to be as good as everyone thinks. Chances are, I could make a sound reasonable suggestion as to why, maybe even convince a few others that I'm right. Yet, my real motivation is denial. I simple wish a poor season on that team.

Let's face it.

LSU underachieved last year.

It most likely had to due with lack of fundemental experience.

This season, I did a personal analysis over the Tigers schedule.

Assuming I know my stuff (or at least have a relative idea of things), I'll now post my figures.

==================

I have a new grade system I'm working with, so bear with me on this.

W signifies a 95% chance of the team evaluated winning, or 5% chance of a loss.

W? signifies a 80% chance of the team evaluated winning, or 20% chance of a loss.

?W signifies a 65% chance of the team evaluated winning, or 35% chance of a loss.

? signifies a 50% chance of the team evaluated winning/losing.

?L signifies a 65% chance of the team evaluated losing, or 35% chance of a win.

L? signifies a 80% chance of the team evaluated losing, or 20% chance of a win.

L signifies a 95% chance of the team evaluated losing, or 5% chance of a win.

==================

Evaluation of LSU Tigers 2006 schedule:

Sept. 2 - Louisiana Lafayette - W

Sept. 9 - Arizona - W

Sept. 16 - @ Auburn - ?

Sept. 23 - Tulane - W

Sept. 30 - Missippi State - W

Oct. 7 - @ Florida - ?W

Oct. 14 - Kentucky - W

Oct 21 - Fresno State - W?

Oct. 28 - off week

Nov. 4 - @ Tennessee - W?

Nov. 11 - Alabama - ?W

Nov. 18 - Missippi - W

Nov. 24 @ (Ltl' Rck) Arkansas - W?

==================

Ofcourse, this is just my assessment, but, Spence, if I were you, I would go ahead and put LSU high on my preseason picks.

I think the Tigers are going to make a run at the "Big One" this year.

Cane...
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re:

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:14 pm

Now let's not get all mushy and junk just because you see my name appear... please people, we are biologically grown adults. (mentality speaking, is another subject)
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re:

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:17 pm

Now let's not get all mushy and junk just because you see my name appear... please people, we are biologically grown adults. (mentality speaking, is another subject)
Cane... [__]

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:07 pm

Don't mind me...I'm just recovering from the shock of a Cane living in the shadow of TD Jesus.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:18 pm

Nice to see you back Cane, I was begining to think you would never get that computer problem solved. :lol:

I think that LSU underachieving last year had everything to do with experience. Miles, I believe is a good enough coach. I just wanted some info from SEC country.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:22 pm

Well, I guess since Cane is back, I'll stop bashing on Miami just cause I can't stand BB. I wonder how they'll do with the coaching makeover.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:26 pm

Cane....have you done that with Miami's schedule?

I've tried with FSU, but, heck, I don't know which FSU will come to play from week to week...in the ACC, FSU is good enough to win all 8, but is also able to lose 4...I reserve my call until after the Miami game.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:28 pm

just cause I can't stand BB

LOL...sounds like my kid does sometimes, you and he are close in age.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:46 pm

billybud wrote:
LOL...sounds like my kid does sometimes, you and he are close in age.

My oldest thinks that there is dirt and then there is me. :lol: The youngest is still in my corner most of the time though, for now. :wink:

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re:

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:10 pm

At first I was a little sketchy on Miami's dicission to look at their past in order to build their future.

For those who aren't familiar with what I'm refering to, it's the re-hiring of Rich Olson as our Offensive Co-ordinator.

Giving Dan Werner the boot was a neccessity. He was the QB caoch prior to heading the Offense outright.

Dan Werner to the OC position in 2004, which, if you've been following Miami football, was obviously a poor choice, seeing as Miami has lost 3 games in each of the last two seasons (even if the last loss was in a Bowl game, it was embarassing to say the least).

Miami has been dwindling downward, with so many questionmarks hovering over the quarterback position.

The good news is, Rich Olson is a winner. He ran the Hurricane Offense in the past, and knows the high expectations of the job.

The bad news is, he was the OC from 1991-1994, and left during the clean up job when Erickson "Asked to move on".

Miami has gone a long way to clean house, and change the mentality of the program from, in Yeofoot's words, "A Thuggish School", to a higher academic standard.

It's easy to look back at Miami's past and say, what a bunch of criminals. But, who has actually taken the time to look clearly at the changes the program has made over the last ten years.

It started back when Butch Davis took the head job. Those first few seasons were kind of slump years for us `Canes fans.

But as soon as we started contending again, so many criticizers want to jump up and point fingers in our faces, tellings us how dirty our team is. And not with any validity of the present, but, soley based on our past.

However, that is why I'm leary of Olson.

I can't say he was a bad apple. It's hard to lable one rotten fruit, if the core of the tree it fell from tainted.

But, I hesitate to see the benefits, when the past is creeping back to us.

It is always a plus to have a coach from the pros come back to your school. Rich Olson has spent the last 11 years in the nfl.

And yet, that old parallel image of what Miami used to be squirms its way back in, because Rich Olson was also the QB coach for the Minnesota Vikings in 2004. And we all saw the corruption that ripped them apart.

May it's just that Olson finds himself in the wrong place at the wrong time. I hope that is true.

It would be better than finding out that he puts himself in those predicaments.

Above all else, though. Miami needs to get that fire back.

They need to go out onto the field with a "I've got something to prove" attitude.

If they can do that, "and" leave their selfish egos in the locker room. We should have a spectacular year.

I've done my evaluation of our schedule for 2006.

And with our biggest ?'s coming from fsu and @ Maryland (yes, lookout for Maryland this year), we make a run at the title.
Cane... [__]

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:01 pm

Really, RT, the pages will be 2 posts long :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:22 pm

rolltide wrote:I can't wait for CLF and Cane to get going on a topic. It will be looooonnnnggg. No offense to either of you, it just takes me forever to get through all the long posts. Glad Cane is back.

Cane has the fastest fingers in the Bend.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re:

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:08 pm

Billybud wrote:

"If Tennessee comes all the way back from 6-5 in one year I'd be surprised."

==============================

Make that 5 - 6.

Tennessee lost to;

Florida
Georgia
Alabama
South Carolina
Notre Dame
& Vanderbilt

Last season.
Cane... [__]

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:18 am

The shocker there is "Vanderbilt" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That offically made Tenn the second worst team in the conference last year.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”