Non-BCS refs for BCS conference games

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
bmcd

Non-BCS refs for BCS conference games

Postby bmcd » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:44 pm

And just when we thought the officiating couldn't get worse than the Sun Belt conference in the Alamo bowl, here go the CUSA officials in the Outback bowl! Wow.........amazing how a bunch of stupid officials can completely change a game............It'll be interesting to see if we have division 1-AA refs for the Rose bowl on wednesday.........I wouldn't be surprised.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Non-BCS refs for BCS conference games

Postby Derek » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:06 pm

bmcd wrote:And just when we thought the officiating couldn't get worse than the Sun Belt conference in the Alamo bowl, here go the CUSA officials in the Outback bowl! Wow.........amazing how a bunch of stupid officials can completely change a game............It'll be interesting to see if we have division 1-AA refs for the Rose bowl on wednesday.........I wouldn't be surprised.

I agree...Iowa is definately being outplayed. BUT the officials have made some STUPID calls in Florida's favor.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

bmcd

Postby bmcd » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:56 pm

You a UGA fan? If so, I'm sick of hearing about how Urban Meyer coached a brilliant game against the dawgs....Shockley was out, and the FU offense still sputtered....I atleast respected FU when Spurrier was coach, but I can't stand Meyer..........If UGA played FU today, they wouldn't have a chance against Shockley and Co.

Let's instead talk about how he blew the game to South Carolina...as I believe Jim Rome said, "Meyer does not lose that game, to that coach, with that talent" Yeah, Florida will continue to get rolled in the SEC b/c Meyer's spread does not belong in the SEC. Did anyone watch TxTech vs. Bama today? That's proof.........and let's not forget Bama vs. FU, 31-3, this year. Florida's season was full of ups and downs (much like Iowa's) A great game, I have to admit, vs. FSU to end the season, but today, they lucked out..........

Go DAWGS, Go HAWKS!

Jason G
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jason G » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:01 pm

I believe that the problems are with those officiating crews and it has nothing to do with what conference they officiate in. I've seen crews from BCS conferences screw up just as royally.
Blame the crews not the conferences!

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:03 pm

I believe that the problems are with those officiating crews and it has nothing to do with what conference they officiate in. I've seen crews from BCS conferences screw up just as royally.
Blame the crews not the conferences!

True.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”