If you had one wish for your team next year it would be...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:00 pm

rolltide wrote:this is probably one Spence and I will both like. A good OOC game. Alabama and Ohio st. were in talks to have one neutral-site game, like they are with the 'Noles, but are now working toward a home and home in the future. Should be cool. Alabama is 3-0 against Ohio St. That will be a very hard streak to keep.

I thought that Ohio State was working on a home and home with Alabama. I hope it happens. We have Miami, Va Tech, USC, Washington, and Texas already scheduled. I'm hoping for Oklahoma, Nebraska, LSU, Georgia, and Florida State in the future. That beats the crap out of the two games we have scheduled with Youngstown State in the next five years. I hate the fact that the NCAA adds another game to the schedule and we go and waste it by putting a 1-AA team on the schedule.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:18 pm

Hey, Jason G, you just might get your wish this year. Akron should be circling NC State on the calendar, because with Luke Getsy leading the way, the Zips might be able to pick on NC State's shallow defense.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:16 am

I was thinking, for all the 'hoop-la' made about how likely 'average' TCU is, I think there's sufficient evidence to show they were likely 'pretty good'.
As a SWC team, they won a 'fair' number of games.

I do however, remember Arkansas had over a 20 game winning streak against TCU. TCU was to the SWC what NW was to the Big 10. The Mountain West is a perfect place for them, but winning in that conference does not equate to being a Top 10 Natl team.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:45 am

uh oh!!!
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “General Discussion”