'07 Recruit sets state record in the 100 meters

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

'07 Recruit sets state record in the 100 meters

Postby Spence » Sun May 07, 2006 7:24 pm

This is an article about Brandon Saine, a RB that comitted to Ohio State last week. The thing I like the most about him is that he comitted early, even after Ohio State took the highest ranked RB in the country last year. You have to like the guys who thrive on competition. :D

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/content/sports/preps/daily/0507trackb1.html
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun May 07, 2006 7:35 pm

OOOOOOhhh, I'm scared now :shock: :roll: ( :lol: )
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun May 07, 2006 7:55 pm

10.38 is an impressive 100 meter time...Walter Dix at FSU was the NCAA outdoor 100m champion at 10.06. Too bad he can't catch a ball.

Kenny NeaL, FSU WR...ran a 10.30 100m....(Georgia 5A Champ) But I haven't yet seen the speed translate into football greatness...hope this year will be his year.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun May 07, 2006 8:04 pm

Since you brought the subject of next year's recruits up .... how about this for a recruit:

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9393293

:shock: :roll: :? :(
Last edited by mountainman on Sun May 07, 2006 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun May 07, 2006 8:04 pm

Speed sometimes doesn't translate. This kid is touted as a football player who runs track, though. He is coming to Ohio State to play football and work with Butch Reynolds. (speed coach for ohio state and former olympic gold medalist). He is only about 200# so he is a little small to be a Rb, but he has another year and a half to add some muscle.

What I like about him is that he comitted knowing Chris Wells is an animal and will compete with Pitt for the starting job this year. He loves competition, he is trying to get to run at a interstate track meet to be able to run against guys that are faster, because he believes the best way to get better is to run against someone just as fast or faster. Kids who have that attitude rarely fail.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun May 07, 2006 10:07 pm

He can at least be effective as a kick returner. I wouldn't sweat it, Spence, this guy will probably be a Michigan killer. :(

We will have to wait to see if he is a player or not, but Lloyd wanted him bad. Michigan was his second offer. Notre Dame offered him first, Ohio State had sent him letters, but didn't offer until later.

EDIT: Eric didn't write this - Spence did. I hit edit instead of quote. Apologies to Eric.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun May 07, 2006 10:26 pm

Eric wrote:He can at least be effective as a kick returner. I wouldn't sweat it, Spence, this guy will probably be a Michigan killer. :(

On kick returns speed is paramount. Just ask the Florida guys that could not keep up with Devin Hester in the Peach bowl. :D
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon May 08, 2006 12:29 am

Since you brought the subject of next year's recruits up .... how about this for a recruit:

Clausen is the #1 recruit. It is a shame his family is treating his recruitment this way. Looks to me like Charlie Weis is going to have his hands full with that one.

I loves the comment by Lemming. He is such a ND shill is isn't funny. You expect that sort of thing from Beano. Beano doesn't hide that he is in love with the golden dome, but Lemming puts up the unbias act in public and then tries to talk recruits into going with Notre Dame. Florida State fans can tell you a little something about this.

This kid has all kinds of potential, but if his attitude is anything like his families, he and Weis will go around. Weis being a Parcells clone won't take to much of that before the kid is running the stairs inside the stadium for a career. :lol:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon May 08, 2006 5:23 am

Yep, we'll see how things turnout. Stunts like that have the potential to tear a program apart. Appears to me that Coach Weis and Notre Dame have got their work cut out for them in dealing with this guy, not to mention his family.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon May 08, 2006 7:07 am

Did Fulmer have to deal with that with his brothers?

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon May 08, 2006 7:24 am

I don't know. I do know that there was a lot of hype about how good the brothers were and about how they were 'can't miss'. Both were good QB's, but neither of them got it done for the Vols.

All the hype resulted in great expectations in Knoxville that did not materialize and those expectations turned into disappointment and from what I saw polarized the team.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon May 08, 2006 11:49 am

Devin didn't look that good to me last year. Willie Reid was a better kick returner last year than Devin Hester...Reid took a kick back 83 yards against VT in the CCG and an 87 yarder back against PSU in the Orange Bowl. Willie, last year, set an all time bowl record for punt return yards with 180.

Willie, at 4.37 (combine) is about as fast. I do agree that speed on returns can be deadly.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Mon May 08, 2006 10:18 pm

He might go to USC so his parents can live in a mansion.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue May 09, 2006 8:25 pm

Weis will be running the show, that is for sure. The problem with guys like that is that if they won't conform they end up transfering out, which makes things hard for the team.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue May 09, 2006 10:10 pm

Warchant...No...Drew didn't punt.

Return to “General Discussion”