TCU'd be 1-7 inthe Big 12, and Woody Hayes is a Vegan

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

TCU'd be 1-7 inthe Big 12, and Woody Hayes is a Vegan

Postby Yeofoot » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:34 pm

Not really, but seriously you guys, the two of you should have Carpal Tunnelage Syndrome from discussing this whole playoff thing.

If I read it right, I'm living in the right place, they play the Fiesta Bowl here, than a week later have the National Championship Game, then the Super Bowl.

The stadium here, looks like Area 51. They have natural grass inside of a dome! The grass rolls outside so that it can have sun, then is rolled back in. You read that right, the grass rolls out of the stadium, this place is supposed to be super high tech.

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:02 pm

I'm guessing you are referring to the new Arizona Cardinal's football stadium. I hear i'ts supposed to be nice, I think I heard about the new 'indoor' grass field but I didn't know it could be rolled out.

I had forgotten that the Super Bowl was scheduled for Arizona, but is that in 2007? Just wondering. Sounds like a lot of activity for one stadium.
Incidentally, they are moving the Insight Bowl to Sun Devil Stadium.

I hope by that time TCU is prepared for a Fiesta Bowl, or national championship 'run'. More than likely, they will be 'at large' invitees to the Insight Bowl, just kidding. Anyway, I believe you are correct as to the proposed 'schedule' two BCS games, and a Super Bowl, combined into one ballpark.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:54 pm

Woody Hayes is a Vegan

You take that back. Woody never ate a vegetable in his life. :lol: :lol:

Not really, but seriously you guys, the two of you should have Carpal Tunnelage Syndrome from discussing this whole playoff thing.

Only in the two fingers I type with. :wink:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:33 pm

colorado_loves_football wrote:I'm guessing you are referring to the new Arizona Cardinal's football stadium. I hear i'ts supposed to be nice, I think I heard about the new 'indoor' grass field but I didn't know it could be rolled out.

I had forgotten that the Super Bowl was scheduled for Arizona, but is that in 2007? Just wondering. Sounds like a lot of activity for one stadium.
Incidentally, they are moving the Insight Bowl to Sun Devil Stadium.

I hope by that time TCU is prepared for a Fiesta Bowl, or national championship 'run'. More than likely, they will be 'at large' invitees to the Insight Bowl, just kidding. Anyway, I believe you are correct as to the proposed 'schedule' two BCS games, and a Super Bowl, combined into one ballpark.

That's nothing. The Georgia Dome did more than that.

Peach Bowl
Falcons game
Sugar Bowl

All within a 4 day period...That doesnt include the SEC championship game earlier that month, and some high school stuff I believe.

Dont know how the field can stand up to alll that painting.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:33 am

the georgia domes got it goin on :wink:
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:21 pm

Yeah, you're right, rolltide. :lol:

The McCrary brothers over on the Back Fork of The Elk river were supplying the 'old school' coaches with some of the best 'branch water mash' known to man or beast. :wink:

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:05 pm

Derek wrote:
That's nothing. The Georgia Dome did more than that.

Peach Bowl
Falcons game
Sugar Bowl

All within a 4 day period...That doesnt include the SEC championship game earlier that month, and some high school stuff I believe.

Dont know how the field can stand up to alll that painting.
I seem to recall the Georgia Dome was utilized extensively leading up to the Sugar Bowl, but that was partly 'aftershock' of the Hurrciane Katrina disaster. Either way, it shows it can be done!

Now, as far as the Fiesta Bowl goes, there are a few things that will likely pose problems, for one thing, the Insight Bowl is also being held, more-or-less at or near the same time, but they never play it in the same place. It used to be called the Copper Bowl, and was played in Tucson.
Now it's the Insight Bowl and they play it in Tempe.
The Insight and Fiesta Bowls are both under the same 'umbrella', so to speak, so having 3 bowls, will be something of a challenge. The Super Bowl, is held nearly a month later, I don't forsee that as being a problem.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:43 pm

Yep, sure will, rolltide. 8)

Some of the 'oldtimers' claim it also cures arthritis, rheumatism, gout, hemorrhoids, as well as the common cold. :lol:

It will also take the paint off of a John Deere tractor. :shock:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:17 pm

Yep, sure will, rolltide.

Some of the 'oldtimers' claim it also cures arthritis, rheumatism, gout, hemorrhoids, as well as the common cold.

It will also take the paint off of a John Deere tractor.

My great grandma used to make a little of that stuff. If I only had the recipe. I tried once to make it, problem was this stuff ate the tractor. :wink:

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:12 pm

I took shots of Everclear once. Once.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:20 pm

I took shots of Everclear once. Once.

That isn't anything like we're talking about. That is crazy. Everclear is 190 proof, that is 95% pure alcohol. Your lucky you lived to tell about that.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:42 pm

You're right about that, Spence. :o

'Shine' making is an art, not a process. So is consuming it, to a lesser degree of course. :wink:

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:21 pm

Yeofoot's taking of 'everclear' shots at least explains his logic as applied to TCU. And why he swears LaDanian Tomlinson was a Texas Longhorn.

Now, all someone needs to do is figure out what happened to Spence, & to Mountainman. My 'guess' would be Mountainman (being in W. Virginia) maybe suffers from 'black lung'. Cutting off the O2 to his brain, as he doesn't recognize how close W. Virgnia came to winning a 'share' of the national championship, last year.

Spence, I think, just can't bring himself to admit that OSU probably couldn't beat TCU if they played the game in Ohio, and allowed OSU a 14 point advantage, and let them have the ball to open the game. (j/k).

The most likely explanation is that we are all suffering from the disease of collegians-wanna-be-us. I'ts contagious, I know I have it, and I never played a down.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:43 pm

Yeah, that night, I spent on my brothers concrete balcony, doing a puke/cry thing, I think vomit was coming out of my eyes, and tears out of my mouth.

Friends don't let friends sleep on the concrete.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:05 pm

Spence, I think, just can't bring himself to admit that OSU probably couldn't beat TCU if they played the game in Ohio, and allowed OSU a 14 point advantage, and let them have the ball to open the game. (j/k).

The most likely explanation is that we are all suffering from the disease of collegians-wanna-be-us. I'ts contagious, I know I have it, and I never played a down.

I think it is the thin air where you live that is the problem. :lol:

I did my time in school and had a blast. Wouldn't trade it, but wouldn't go back and do it again either.

Return to “General Discussion”