What team/player/coach makes your blood boil?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

Which team has more thugs?

Miami
44%
Florida State
33%
Marcus Vick and Maurice Clarett (They don't count against their teams)
22%

Total votes: 9

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

What team/player/coach makes your blood boil?

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:37 pm

Who do you wish you never had to play against again, see on ESPN again, or anything like that?

I'd say goodbye to Texas A&M. And possibly Miami, and FSU. And probably the Trojan fans, I like the team, the fans are delusional.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:23 pm

I don't really have a team that I wish Ohio State never played again.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:46 pm

I absolutely HATED Miami throughout the '80s and early '90s, partly because they were a lot better than anybody else, partly because I wanted Colorado to win a national championship.
Interesting sidelight, to Colorado's national championship 'run', Brigham Young, the very team that beat Colorado in the 1988 Freedom Bowl, beat the University of Miami, FL, to give Colorado their 'opportunity'.
Colorado began the year 1-1-1, tying Tennessee (Anaheim Classic), beating Stanford (Eric Bieniemy 4th & goal TD), and losing to Illinois (a team they beat soundly in 1989. Brigham Young, if I'm not mistaken, lost to Oregon, thereby losing whatever chances they had at a national championship, lost badly to Hawaii, after Ty Detmer won the Heisman Trophy, then managed to lose to Texas A&M, in the Holiday Bowl, 65-14.
BYU typically 'fades' toward the end of the year, but the previous year, BYU and Penn St, had a 'shoot-out', BYU losing, but not badly to the Nittany Lions. Had BYU beaten Hawaii, that year, I predict they perhaps have a competitive 'edge' over Colorado. It might have been 'fun' to see them play in a BCS 'arrangement'.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What team/player/coach makes your blood boil?

Postby Derek » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:27 pm

Yeofoot wrote:Who do you wish you never had to play against again, see on ESPN again, or anything like that?

I'd say goodbye to Texas A&M. And possibly Miami, and FSU. And probably the Trojan fans, I like the team, the fans are delusional.

I think Pat Forde is a goober....IMO :D

I might even start watching ESPN again if he were gone.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:30 pm

I think Pat Forde is a goober....IMO

I second the "Forde is a goober" nod. :lol:

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:22 am

[quote=Associated Press]HAMPTON, Va. - Former Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick resolved his recent legal problems Monday, pleading guilty to disorderly conduct charges in one court and speeding and driving without a valid driver's license in another.

He first pleaded guilty in Hampton to the traffic violations that helped cost him his college football career.

Later in Suffolk, Vick pleaded guilty to the disorderly conduct charges as part of a plea bargain, prosecutor Phil Ferguson said. Vick was charged with three counts of brandishing a firearm after he was accused of pulling a gun on three teenagers. Ferguson said "seriously conflicting evidence" led to the plea deal.

Vick was sentenced to six months in jail and a $500 fine. His jail time was suspended on condition of good behavior.[/quote]

Maybe we did all listen to the media too quickly.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:38 am

hey! this is the first opportunity i've had in a while to freely say.........

:evil: i hate phil fulmer!!!!!!!!!!
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:47 am

Maybe we did all listen to the media too quickly.

I read that also, but it doesn't change the incident with the teenage girls. I think Va. Tech is better off without him. I know Ohio State is better off w/o Mo Clarett.

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:15 am

You're the big man on campus, your brother is one of the most popular players in the NFL (at the time). You don't think he could've had anyone on that campus that he wanted? Probably.

So why would he go for an underage girl? Well, because as was revealed, they lied about their age. That's why it was dropped to just 'contributing to a minor'.

I don't know about anyone else, but if I'm 18 or 19 and at college, I don't ask to check a girls ID before we go make-out. "Hey baby, you wanna go makeout? Cool, I'll just need to see your ID first". Kind of kills the mood haha.

The drinking thing, yeah, it's illegal. But hey, how many college students are there that DON'T drink underage once in a while? Go to a UCF football game down here, you'll see what I mean. Every truck has a keg in the back.

I don't condone his actions, and I think it was right for the university to do what they did. He broke the law, and that's all there is to it. He's a face for the campus, and the college can't afford that kind of negative publicity. But I do understand why he made those mistakes. Thousands of other people would have, and do.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:51 am

The drinking thing, yeah, it's illegal. But hey, how many college students are there that DON'T drink underage once in a while? Go to a UCF football game down here, you'll see what I mean. Every truck has a keg in the back.

I don't condone his actions, and I think it was right for the university to do what they did. He broke the law, and that's all there is to it. He's a face for the campus, and the college can't afford that kind of negative publicity. But I do understand why he made those mistakes. Thousands of other people would have, and do.

Yes, but when you in his position you have to be extra carefull. He should know that better then anyone else because of his brother. I know how something like that could happen, but again, he is in a position where he should be looking out for that sort of thing. College athletes are targets and they have to be aware.

Jason G
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jason G » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:28 am

The only team I can think of that I wouldn't want to see Akron play again is Marshall. We were one of the most successful MAC teams against them and then they bolted for a "better" league. If they ever need to get a game scheduled that would be one team I wouldn't mind them turning down.

Also, I'd like to not see Akron play any more 1-AA schools even though I know they pretty much have to since no one else wants to fill the openings.

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:18 am

Team: Notre Dame and Ohio State. I hate them so much, and we always seem to lose to them lately! And considering ND is going to be a new powerhouse, I'm not going to be looking forward to see us lose most of the future matchups.

Player: I really don't have any for football, for college basketball though, Adam Morrison just needs to get a razor blade and shut up and STOP MAKING THOSE BIG BASKETS!

Coach: Lloyd Carr. No question here. As a Michigan fan, it doesn't get any worse than this.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:51 pm

My supervisor in Cleveland had a crappy mustach, and he was wearing a gonzaga jersey, and without thinking, I said, "hey, that's the team that has that really good player with the crappy mustache".

Oh, and people on messageboards that put things like "My team is better than your team"

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:32 pm

Yeofoot wrote:My supervisor in Cleveland had a crappy mustach, and he was wearing a gonzaga jersey, and without thinking, I said, "hey, that's the team that has that really good player with the crappy mustache".

That's great! Nice, subtle slap.

I can't help but dislike West Virginia. The rivalry somehow seemd to make their fans insanely spiteful of anyone wearing orange or maroon. I'm kind of glad that one is off the map for now because it was getting really ugly.

I put Marcus Vick at the top of the list of players I don't like. He hurt our image tremendously.

I've never been a fan of Bobby Bowden or Lou Holtz. I've always thought they do their best to get away with murder regarding rules on and off the field.
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:28 pm

I put Marcus Vick at the top of the list of players I don't like. He hurt our image tremendously.

I've never been a fan of Bobby Bowden or Lou Holtz. I've always thought they do their best to get away with murder regarding rules on and off the field.

Marcus Vick hurt his own image, not Virginia Tech's. The university can't be accountable for every thing a player does while on campus. They don't promote bad behavior. He made his own decisions.

Bowden or Holtz never let the rules get in the way of what they want to do. I have a feeling that is why Holtz got pushed out of ND, because the NCAA was nosing around and ND didn't want to get caught in the middle.

Return to “General Discussion”