slowing down...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

slowing down...

Postby bama_girl » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:45 pm

that's what this poor ol football board is doing :(

spring practice has started but the news guys never really give us any real info....here anyway. just injury reports and silly controversy stuff.
could search the net for news but it's mostly gossip this time of year.

so, what are yall doing this week?
i'm going to hang up some new purple martin gourds and plant some lettuce :P
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:08 pm

Spring practice for Ohio State starts March 30 and the spring game is April 22. Until then same old grind. :cry: We can't plant much of anything in Ohio in March. Still the weather has been nice and I am cleaning up the old golf clubs. :D
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:01 pm

I have never been to Alabama to play golf. May just try it one of these days. Actually, though, given my choice to play anywhere I would pick that other little golf course that bobby jones started. The one in Augusta, Georgia.

I play in South Carolina a lot and have played in Tennessee a few times.

Howdy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Howdy » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:56 pm

Been in the 70's here in Lincoln the past two days
Jan and Feb. have been the warmest this year since they started keeping records. That goes back to 1889.
And only a trace of snow.
Normal is 12 inches for the month feb. alone and we only had a trace since Christmas.
As the old saying goes we will have to pay for all the good weather we been having.
Spring practice is about to start.
That's my guess when mother nature will make up for the past two months.\
:( :? :evil:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:05 pm

Don't forget the green onions and asparagus, bama-girl. :lol:

In two or three weeks it will be time to do some early season trout fishing. Sure looking forward to that. :D

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:43 pm

thanks for the link rolltide, i'll check it out!

i'm going to do onions too in a week or so, i'll pass on the asparagus though :lol:
my grandad lives on a RTJ golf trail...he sold them 25 acres but refused to sell the land his home is on even after they made him some pretty ridiculous offers, said he made up his mind a long time ago that that's where he was gonna live when he died......so now his catfish lake is full of golfballs but he doesn't care :lol:
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:57 pm

I have an Asparagus patch. I always cut it towards the end of March Madness. They say the patches wear out after a few years, but this on has been producing good for about 12 years now.

BG, that is one sure way to own a home on a golf course. I live behind the one I play on, but not on the course. Still it is close enough to walk if I spend to long reading a putt on the 19th green. :lol:

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:55 am

Man, I've been wearing shorts and a t-shirt in the 80 degree weather down here.

=]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:13 am

:evil:

Howdy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Howdy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:14 am

David wrote:It's been slowed down as far as football is concerned for me. I don't get all wrapped up in recruiting or even spring practice. So I've been laying low and not posting much but have been reading most of everyone elses posts fairly regular.

Days are getting long enough to do things with my boy when he gets out of school. We went fishing for a few hours Monday afternoon with no luck, but it was fun anyway. He is wrapped up into LSU basketball (men's and women's). He says the women are a lock to win the NCAA tournament and has gone out on a limb to say the men will make it to the Final Four. We'll see. I personally could care less about basketball.

I have given up the cancer sticks for lent, which starts today. Gave them up last year for lent also, but like the fool I am started smoking even heavier right after Easter. This year hopefully its for good. I read some posts that Bama Girl has recently tried giving up the habit. Hows it going?

I go along with David
I too can not get worked up on the recruiting.
It's what they do on the field of play.
So we will see what goes on this spring.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:22 pm

He says the women are a lock to win the NCAA tournament and has gone out on a limb to say the men will make it to the Final Four.

Don't know about the men, but I think he is right about the women. I think they will win it all.

I follow recruiting, spring practice, off season seven on seven, preseason camp, and the games. Still the period between signing day and spring practice is very slow on the CFB front. There isn't much going on anywhere. Spring practice starts pretty soon though, after that we should be able to have a little idea of what next season will be like.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:10 pm

good for you david! i'm still off the sticks, it's hard sometimes especially in heavy traffic, or report card time and when i'm waiting on my oldest to get back from being out and such but other than that i'm fine with it. i did the patches and they worked. hardest/best thing i ever did :wink:

my grandad doesn't golf at all, he still has cows and everything out there :lol:

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:42 pm

Hey Bama_Girl,

I just compiled the stats for February, and I think you'll be surprised...

February was actually not much slower than January. It was pretty much the same.

Here are the number of times the message board was accessed for the months since we've switched:

December 05: 12,553
January 06: 84,668
February 06: 78,085

December was only 4 days long, though, since the board was started Dec 28th. If that pace had been kept (which I doubt, since most of those were people switching over and trying things out), December would have been about 97,000.

Slowing down, a little, but not a lot. =]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:58 pm

The problem is there isn't much going on in CFB right now. You can't really have a valid opinion on next season until, at least after the spring game and the steam from last season is about ran out.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:14 pm

Exactly, Spence. There is absolutely nothing going on right now. The draft isn't until another month. I have 0 passion for college football right now. But when the season previews start up once again, I'll get back into it like I do every year.

February and March are the really slow months! April, May, and June it starts to increase and heat up a bit, then in July and August the anticipation just kills and the board is almost back in full swing.

I think it was Jason, but he brought up a "Uniform Showdown". We gotta find ways to keep the board running! That's also why I have been keeping the Logo Showdown topics up a little longer to extend it a little bit.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”