Coach's Challenge

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:21 am

I don't know what it says about you Jason G. :?

There's a few million more that watch, attend, listen and read about college football in the fall. Pretty good company in my book. :)

P.S Just don't shave all the hair off your body and head and then paint your entire upper torso, arms, hands, neck and head (including ears) in your team colors. :lol:

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:49 am

It's those million people you want to stay away from Jason G....... :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:28 am

That's good advice, Eric. :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:32 am

As far as length of the games goes, I frequently hope for long games. Every moment I can watch a game is another moment I'm not doing something I would much less prefer to do. College football is often my escape on Saturdays in the fall! That doesn't say too much for me, does it?

If the games last longer then you won't get to see as many. :wink:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Jason G
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jason G » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:29 pm

Don't worry. I'm not planning on going out and doing the whole painted body thing. Last time I tried that I couldn't afford the paint so I used permanent marker instead. MISTAKE! :lol: I was navy blue and gold for three weeks! :lol:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:40 pm

I know a guy who did it with spray paint. :shock:

He got high on the fumes and had UVW across his chest. We started laughing at him and he tried to explain to us that when somebody is facing you their right is on your left and their left is on your right and he just wanted to make sure they could read it. :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:05 pm

I know a guy who did it with spray paint.

He got high on the fumes and had UVW across his chest. We started laughing at him and he tried to explain to us that when somebody is facing you their right is on your left and their left is on your right and he just wanted to make sure they could read it.

He should have did an outline before he spray painted so when the fumes started their brain damaging affects he wouldn't have to try and use his brain. :lol:

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:49 pm

"I've reversed my thinking on that one," he said. "I'll probably advocate for the NFL approach in our coaches meetings".

"....pleased that the appropriate people will review the assignment of officiating crews for bowl games but added, candidly, that he might be in agreement with other coaches who have said that change doesn't necessarlily mean things will be better".

[Ferentz said he's probably changed his opinion on college football's replay system, opting now for the head coach to have the opportunity to challenge a call like that done in the NFL]

Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz
February 5, 2006
at the Iowa City Fanfest (a three-day event)

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:38 am

Don't know for sure if that has been resolved. Both Auburn and West Virginia have now published schedule with Buffalo on different dates .... Buffalo's schedule is still pending. :?

Just a sidebar, Auburn and West Virginia begin a home and home series next year, I believe. They might need a 'tension meter' at the banquet on Friday night before the game at the administrations table. :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:42 pm

By the way, I never said Alabama was perfect, they have been in trouble now too, I just think the Bowden thing is amazing

There is dirt under everyone's rug in major college football. No one is squeaky clean as much as we all want them to be.

Jason G
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jason G » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:21 pm

As of today the University of Buffalo website lists their non-conference games for next season as home for Temple, at Rutgers, and at West Virginia. However, with 12 game schedules next year there is still an open date and these things do have a way of changing around from time to time.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:06 pm

I've only heard the West Virginia side of the story. So I don't have all the facts to make a judgement. Just an opinion at this point.

The way I see it though is that both the Mountaineers and Auburn are guilty of the same thing and that's trying to buy a win. Buffalo is guilty of trying to sell that win to the highest bidder. Surely they have a calendar at Buffalo and knew they had a conflict.

Dangerous game Buffalo is playing .... they better get all the money they can. They very well could need it because if this turns out to hurt either West Virginia or Auburn or both it would not surprise me to see a lawsuit of some sort come out of it. And look for the NCAA to come into the picture (after the fact ... as usual) and try to establish some sort of scheduling integrity rules.

I read where the issue has been raised to the conference level. Not sure what that means, but that's what I've read.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:56 pm

Yep, I saw that too. It was reported earlier that the date for both game was on September 9th.

Wonder what the problem is then? Could it be that someone at Buffalo has stood up and said that they are not going to let some money hunger athletic administrators sit on their butts in their plush offices and be paid at the expense of the players on the football team.

That would be an integrity issue at Buffalo. Maybe both WVU and Auburn are innocent of any wrong doing, but I still say they both are just trying to buy a win.

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:24 pm

I agree with that, Spence. In order for anybody to have a real successful football team, you will have to break the rules once in a while. I hope I couldn't say the same for Michigan!

Buffalo just committed suicide on the football field no matter who they play. They'll get beat up real, real, real, really badly!
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:33 pm

I don't think most of the schools set out to break the rules, but it only takes one over zealous booster to bring down a program. Sometimes the coaches are complicit, but most don't know or choose not to know.

Return to “General Discussion”