Superbowl XL

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

Superbowl XL Champ?

Seattle Seahawks
71%
Pittsburgh Steelers
29%

Total votes: 7

Eric

Superbowl XL

Postby Eric » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:07 pm

Who do you guys have? I'm taking the Seahawks. They're extremely underrated. This is going to be a great matchup however. I think Roethlisberger is going to be making many trips here. If the Steelers pull this off at Superbowl XL, he'll be on his way to becoming a Superbowl legend.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

..fanaticjr
All-American
All-American

Postby ..fanaticjr » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:25 pm

I hope and think the Seahawks will win. They've never even been to a Super Bowl. Unless you are a die-hard Steeler fan, how could you not root fo Seattle. Go Seahawks! 8)
Go Hokies!

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:31 pm

I have to agree with that. America pulls for the underdog, unless they're on the west coast. The casual fan in the East doesn't know what kind of style they play and the football players on the team. I pay attention to every team. Most regular football fans are aware of the Seahawks success. They'll make tomorrow a statement game for them. The NFC West is soooooooo bad, but they'll show it just wasn't the easy division schedule that got them here. Shaun Alexander though isn't a good momentum-gainer. He adds onto the momentum but he rarely gets anything going. Hasselbeck is the real tone-setter of the football team in my opinion.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:48 pm

I really don't care who wins the game. I was hoping Indy made it to the Super Bowl. Anyway if I have to pick, I'm going with Pittsburgh. Team of fate. They shouldn't even be there. The cards seem to be all falling their way.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:30 pm

i'm not normally one to b!tch about bad calls, but..........

SEATTLE IS GETTING FREAKIN ROBBED!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:13 pm

baaaaah

i'm retracting above statement.....seattle sucks for not going for the field goal and an on side kick
what the heck am i doing worrying about pro ball anyway, i hate those jerks :lol:
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:46 am

i changed my mind, i'm still a bit mad about it, even madder that the news dorks are ignoring it :x

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:11 pm

Things sure didn't seem to go Seattle's way as far as officiating was concerned. I was pulling for the Steelers, but ..........

The Roethlisberger TD call was close (I didn't see where he got the ball in), the offensive pass interference in the end zone by the Seattle receiver, the hold called on the Seattle tackle on a completed pass down to the goal line, as well as the one rolltide mentioned. :oops:

But Seattle sure didn't help themselves on the end around pass and that was about as good a blocking scheme execution as I've seem on the 75 yard TD run by Pittsburgh. :roll:

Throw in a couple of missed Seattle field goal attempts and the outcome is not surprising. :cry:

What were your favorite top three commercials? 8)

Can't believe Mick Jagger can still move that way at his age .... I'm younger than he is and I could never move that way. :shock:

Kudo's to Mountainmama on the chicken wings and fixings ... they were great. :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:43 pm

If Stevens would have caught the ball, the bad calls wouldn't have mattered. The QB was throwing it in the worst possible place, right in his hands. :lol:

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:03 pm

Man, the Rolling Stones are bad. I'm not saying that their age has slowed them down, they've always been bad!

Seriously, I don't see anything in them. Never had liked them, never will.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:11 pm

I have always liked the stones. They still were bad last night. Jaggar couldn't even keep up with the band and they were all over the place. That was as bad as I have ever seem them on stage.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:40 pm

I agree that the game could have been better. Seattle's clock management was worse then the officiating. Refs will make bad calls, but if you shoot yourself in the foot that many times you shouldn't win.

I thought the "magic fridge" commercial was classic. :lol:

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:34 am

i liked the commercial with the streaking goat :lol:

the diet pepsi commercials were stupid :roll:

CFP Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby CFP Admin » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:11 am

I thought the commercials were much better than the last few years.

My favorite was the Fed-Ex spot which ended with the caveman kicking the baby dinosaur and then getting squashed.

All the Bud spots were good.

Pepsi's spots sucked. They always do. As someone who runs an ad agency as their fulltime gig, it sickens me to think how much they paid to have that crap produced and then how much they blew to expose their stupidity to the world. "Brown and Bubbly?" Who wants to drink something "brown and bubbly". Yech!

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:46 pm

the caveman one was the other one i was trying to think of :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”