Texas WILL Beat USC By A LOT

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:58 pm

how does texas expect to controll USC's offense? As far as pushing the pile, dude, everyone does it, including texas. i pushed the pile every chance i got when i played. besides, bush had one hand on him...stop being weak and whiney. all this texas talk so reminds me of last years oklahoma talk. when i was at the beach bash the night before the game, some oklahoma fan was telling me how great the sooner offense was, and how we hadnt seen anything like adrian peterson ever. all i heard was how oklahoma's offense was going to roll our defense. while he was taking a break to sip more cheap bourbon, i told him that peterson has not seen the kind of speed we have on defense at every position and that peterson wouldnt see 100 yards in that game, and that white would be running for his life all night. I feel the same about this game, only texas doesnt have the same amount of weapons that last years sooner team had. this texas offense is not as good as lasy years sooner offense. the only superstar stud they have is young. USC is loaded at al positions with superstar studs. everyone else on that offense is avg at best. if young was not such a huge stud winning games on his own because his receivers cant get open, and his line cant stop the rush, texas would have lost that ohio state game. also, texas isnt sneaking up on us like notre dame did. no one reallly knew that notre dame was that good, including me. as for the texas / USC game, we really only have one true measuring stick, oklahoma and ucla. ucla beat oklahoma worse then texas did, and we all know what we did to ucla. and dont give me the "it was a rivalry game" crap, because they were both rivalry games. as far as texas's win over ohio state, it was a very good win, but the buckeyes had qb issues, and i am very certain that the buckeyes would beat the longhorns today. im also pretty sure that USC does not have qb issues.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:17 pm

Rich, Ohio State did have QB issues and Ohio State is a better team today. So is Texas. Remember that Texas beat us in our house and that isn't the easiest thing to do. I don't know if Texas can beat SC, but I think it will be close. If UCS blows them out, then when SC comes to play, no one can beat them.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: guest

Postby Derek » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:11 am

Yeofoot wrote:Man, guest, that was a very well thought out argument. You're right, Notre Dame should be playing Texas since, according to the rule books, USC should not have won that game. Somehow if Texas scored on the last play of the game against USC because Melton pushed Young into the end zone, I'm pretty sure, that wouldn't count. USC, the University of Spoiled Children.

Yep. that was the fumble rooskey. Im sure ol Pete told Leinart...."If you see that you arent going to get in, just fumble the ball out of bounds and we'll get another play."

Notre Dame won that game, technically.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:12 am

Rich wrote:how does texas expect to controll USC's offense? As far as pushing the pile, dude, everyone does it, including texas. i pushed the pile every chance i got when i played. besides, bush had one hand on him...stop being weak and whiney. all this texas talk so reminds me of last years oklahoma talk. when i was at the beach bash the night before the game, some oklahoma fan was telling me how great the sooner offense was, and how we hadnt seen anything like adrian peterson ever. all i heard was how oklahoma's offense was going to roll our defense. while he was taking a break to sip more cheap bourbon, i told him that peterson has not seen the kind of speed we have on defense at every position and that peterson wouldnt see 100 yards in that game, and that white would be running for his life all night. I feel the same about this game, only texas doesnt have the same amount of weapons that last years sooner team had. this texas offense is not as good as lasy years sooner offense. the only superstar stud they have is young. USC is loaded at al positions with superstar studs. everyone else on that offense is avg at best. if young was not such a huge stud winning games on his own because his receivers cant get open, and his line cant stop the rush, texas would have lost that ohio state game. also, texas isnt sneaking up on us like notre dame did. no one reallly knew that notre dame was that good, including me. as for the texas / USC game, we really only have one true measuring stick, oklahoma and ucla. ucla beat oklahoma worse then texas did, and we all know what we did to ucla. and dont give me the "it was a rivalry game" crap, because they were both rivalry games. as far as texas's win over ohio state, it was a very good win, but the buckeyes had qb issues, and i am very certain that the buckeyes would beat the longhorns today. im also pretty sure that USC does not have qb issues.

Oh Lord....Your still here?? You never emailed me about having a beer. :D

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:14 am

I dont really like USC or Texas either...

But I think in the end, this will be a defensive game with the edge going to Texas. Dont be surprised folks if we get another overtime like Ohio State/Miami.

- John Madden

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:10 am

Tell me Derek ... how do you technically win a football game?

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:25 am

Tell me Derek ... how do you technically win a football game?

I aways thought that scoring more points then the other team constituted a win. I maybe wrong, but no matter what happens in the game or why, when the gun sounds they look at the scoreboard and the team with more points ---- Wins. (technically or really)

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Texas

Postby Yeofoot » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:41 am

Who knows what's going to happen for sure at the Rose Bowl. I know all of you USC fans are super confident like the Texas fans are, but I know you are secretly worried "what if we play like we did the first half against ASU", just like I'm secretly worrited "what if we play like first half of the Oklahoma State game". But, every time your team has been in a big game, your team came through for you this year. We both know that it doesn't matter who's up by 21 at halftime, or even at the end of the 3rd quarter. Both teams can go for 6 on any play, whether it be in the air, on the ground, or the QB going the distance. I think the two superstars in the game, Bush and Young, have the biggest chance to have the least highlights. I don't think Texas will shut down Bush, or USC will shut down Young, but I think the teams' focus on those two will open it up for the Texas RBs and the USC WRs. That will be the big difference in the game.

And my main argument for why Texas will win is this:
It's my turn to celebrate!

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:14 pm

TCU will beat USC in Pasadena.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:17 pm

And my main argument for why Texas will win is this:
It's my turn to celebrate!

Yeofoot, I could think of a better reason for wanting a team to win the NC.

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:20 pm

I think that's an excellent reason, personally, that's what sports are about, celebrations!
Excessive celebrations.
Those with beer.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:28 pm

I think that's an excellent reason, personally, that's what sports are about, celebrations!
Excessive celebrations.
Those with beer.

That may be the first thing you and I have ever agreed on.

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:54 pm

No, actually we agree on a lot of things, but probably first time with alcohol.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:04 pm

Does 3 points count as winning by a lot?

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:42 am

I just noticed that all of the BCS bowls, except for the Fiesta were won by 3 points!!! Sugar, Orange, Rose.....Look it up. :D

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”