FSU vs UCLA...Emerald Bowl...Line UCLA -4 1/2

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
mountainman

Postby mountainman » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:43 pm

billybud wrote:If the 40 mph wind keeps up...a new record will be set for the number of punts in a bowl.

Not to mention new NCAA punt records for distance both forward and backwards depending on whether one is kicking into the wind or against the wind. :lol:

How would you like to be one of the kick returners with winds gusting like that ..... how in the dickens could you expect to field the ball. :shock:

Maybe we'll get to see a 60+ yard field goal. 8)

Which ever team executes in the kicking game could decide this one ........ :wink:

silverfox
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby silverfox » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:32 pm

Wow...

This is so cool and passionate...

But I have a feeling it will be a UCLA blow-out, if for no other reason than they want to put an exclamation mark on the season as one of the most improved teams of the year... The noles have too many injuries and I think their passion is a little less than what is needed to contain a rabid UCLA team...

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:47 pm

I have never rooted for Floridian team in my life...but in honor of Mr. Billybud...I have place my fantasy pick and my rooting for the Seminoles.

Not sure they want support from the mecca of wide eyed liberals and caffeine addicted tree huggers.....well...they have my support anyway.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

silverfox
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby silverfox » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:32 am

Wow... what more is there to say... Florida State is kicking Butt...

And, to think this was a 6-6 team...hmmmmm....

Congratulations to Florida State!! :P
Last edited by silverfox on Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:34 am

Nice win for the Noles, Billybud. The FSU offensive line just wore the UCLA defensive line down. UCLA just isn't physical enough to get it done against the Noles. I would have bet money that there wouldn't be more then 40 points scored in the game.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

silverfox
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby silverfox » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:41 am

heh heh... must have been that water they drink in Florida, right? They just toyed with UCLA for three quarters and then lowered the boom on them in the 4th... Did anybody check the teams's water? :P It had to be something they drank to give them that amazing "zip" in the end :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:48 am

I don't think it was that way at all. UCLA used their speed in the first three quarters to get pressure on Florida St. In the 4th quarter they were worn out. They were just to small to play even with the FSU O-line for four quarters. On the other side of the ball FSU's defense played tough for four quarters. That is how you win football games.

silverfox
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby silverfox » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:52 am

Oh but of course... The FSU Mojo was most certainly in their big D for this game...

UCLA just sorta "popped" themselves right out of the running... You could see it coming... All the big plays belonged to FSU --- well there goes my confidence points for this season...

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:55 am

I haven't been great either. I thought that UCLA had better skill players and a better QB (they did), then FSU. I didn't count on the FSU offensive line kicking UCLA's butt in the end, but that is what happened. I thought that Florida State was the one that was "thin" on the bench, it didn't turn out that way.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:05 am

Amazing how everyone sees it differently.

1. Announcers that tell you what a "great game" it is 78 times....was hoping the Nut People would come back.

2. The first quarter reminded me of two teams very nervous and unsure of what they were to do...

3. How does Diamond Walnuts get to advertise on the Emerald Nut Bowl...or are they connected....and those nuts ads..make me want to stick with pork rinds.

4. UCLA's defense just could not contain the line of FSU. Down and in the trench football won over finesse'.

5. It was a good game to watch. Mr. Billybud has a right to whoop it up.

6. UCLA has very good wide receivers.

7. Let's see Jeff Bowden almost cry one more time...(Not a comment on him...just the TV coverage....as lets advertise something for AOL when the big fumble happened and we are not interrupting Time Warner...

8. CFB is fun.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:09 am

Nice post Donovan. I really liked it. :lol: :lol: And nice catch on the Diamond Walnuts commercial, I didn't catch that at all.

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:58 am

RazorHawk wrote:Husker, I lived for a very short time in Millard, when I was working at Happy Hollow Club, a long time ago. Also have a nephew living in LaVista.

Weird. I just bought a CD entitled "Happy Hollow". Band is from Nebraska. How random =]

"Happy Hollow" by Cursive on Wikipedia

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:39 am

My favorite part of the telecast was when the announcers informed us that the stadium was a "great venue". It's the worst venue I can ever remember for a football game. Why must they lie so blatantly? Do they really think we are that stupid? :roll:
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Re: FSU vs UCLA...Emerald Bowl...Line UCLA -4 1/2

Postby ..fanatic » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:41 am

billybud wrote:FSU vs UCLA...Billybud's breakdown...

FSU Injuries....half of the defense is injured...LOL (or COL in this case)

First the Preamble...
FSU INJURIES

Fullback Joe Surratt (12/8, right shoulder surgery) will miss the Emerald Bowl 12/27 against UCLA.
Running back Antone Smith (11/28, dislocated elbow) is questionable for the Emerald Bowl 12/27 against UCLA.
Tight end Charlie Graham (11/28, ankle) is questionable for the Emerald Bowl 12/27 against UCLA.
Linebacker Jae Thaxton (11/8, concussion) is expected to miss the remainder of the season.
Linebacker Rodney Gallon (11/28, stinger) is questionable for the Emerald Bowl 12/27 against UCLA.
Defensive end D.J. Norris (10/18, shoulder) is sidelined indefinitely.
Linebacker Derek Nicholson (10/6, torn ACL in right knee) is expected to miss the remainder of the season.
Linebacker Marcus Ball (9/26, torn left ACL) is expected to miss the remainder of the season.
Running back Jamaal Edwards (11/28, knee) is questionable for the Emerald Bowl 12/27 against UCLA.
Strong safety Anthony Houllis (9/22, cartilage damage in left knee) is expected to miss the remainder of the season.
Defensive tackle Emmanuel Dunbar (11/28, back) is questionable for the Emerald Bowl 12/27 against UCLA.
Nose tackle Paul Griffin (9/12, torn ACL) is expected to miss the remainder of the season.
Linebacker Anthony Kelly (11/28, shoulder) is questionable for the Emerald Bowl 12/27 against UCLA.

(How many teams lose five linebackers?)

FSU has had terrible luck with injuries the past few years.

By the way, congrats BillyBud!
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:18 am

that was a good game. terrible announcing and terrible camera/replay work but still a good game. i picked ucla though :( i'm pretty sure jeff bowden was getting cussed out by his dad those times he was lookin like he was gonna cry :lol:
i think ucla just peetered out at the end. they couldn't hold out with the floridy boys.
and why did that doofus touch the ball like that on the punt??? gawd!!!!

Return to “General Discussion”