Nick Saban Tells It

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Nick Saban Tells It

Postby Derek » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:13 pm

They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Nick Saban Tells It

Postby Spence » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:01 pm

He is right. Kids and Parents are too obsessed with the most money now. Be developed into a place to make the most money in the future should be the goal.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:55 am

This money thing comes with a risk………… if it’s money that’s deciding where they play, money could also decide how they play or when they take a play off. Say like a belly ache, or a bad snap, fumble, missed block, blown coverage, penalties, missed kick, dropped pass, interception, etc, etc, etc….. just sayin’ :?

………… and when the adults in the room can’t figure out how to conduct a playoff without advantages to some, or how to govern themselves. What are the kids supposed to think?

:roll:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:46 pm

My view of how to pick a place to play, and I am doing this with my daughter right now, is how do you get the best experience in your sport, at your school, and with your career choice. Most kids will never play competitively after college. My daughter is one of those kids. That is ok. She is a very good player. She doesn’t have that special talent that would let her go to another level. Neither did I and it never crossed my mine that I did. At least once I passed 8 years old. Too many parents pump their kids full of unrealistic expectations in their sport. Have fun. You are only young once. Make the most of it. Enjoy every step.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:54 am

“The rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer,” Saban said. “And eventually, the fans will look at it like ‘I don’t really want to watch this game.’”

8)

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:30 am

Mountainman wrote:“The rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer,” Saban said. “And eventually, the fans will look at it like ‘I don’t really want to watch this game.’”

8)

Completely true.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:27 pm

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:“The rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer,” Saban said. “And eventually, the fans will look at it like ‘I don’t really want to watch this game.’”

8)

Completely true.

Truth is a good thing…….. the problem is it’s hard to find, and usually doesn’t come out until all the deception, misdeeds and lies have been exposed.

I’m having a difficult time believing anything I read or hear from anyone associated with the NCAA or College Athletics in general about this entire situation. It’s just not believable, for me, to give any of them the benefit of the doubt about not knowing what they were doing and how they were operating was at least shady or against the rules and at most illegal. There were just too many resources, lawyers and business people, EMPLOYED by the NCAA, Schools and Athletic Departments for them not to know. They CHOSE to do it for years, and got caught.

In any event, they know how to play ‘the game’, as evidenced by their hire of Charlie Baker….. a politician, to head the NCAA. They’re very aware their salvation is in the hands of Congress, and most certainly not in the courts.

8)

………..same old thing. :roll:

https://www.si.com/college/2024/03/15/c ... t-in-money

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:01 pm

In my experience Ohio State didn’t cheat. Now that isn’t to say a booster didn’t hand out cash or stuff to an athlete. But it wasn’t institutional as it was lots of places. The thing with Ohio State now is that they are allowed to pay players now and they have massive resources to get it together and do it and they are doing just that. It is scary what they can do if they want. Not on the field, but off.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:22 pm

Spence wrote:In my experience Ohio State didn’t cheat. Now that isn’t to say a booster didn’t hand out cash or stuff to an athlete. But it wasn’t institutional as it was lots of places. The thing with Ohio State now is that they are allowed to pay players now and they have massive resources to get it together and do it and they are doing just that. It is scary what they can do if they want. Not on the field, but off.

College Football needs good leadership and examples of such. What do you know about the new BiIGTEN Commissioner, Tony Petitti?????

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:38 am

Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:In my experience Ohio State didn’t cheat. Now that isn’t to say a booster didn’t hand out cash or stuff to an athlete. But it wasn’t institutional as it was lots of places. The thing with Ohio State now is that they are allowed to pay players now and they have massive resources to get it together and do it and they are doing just that. It is scary what they can do if they want. Not on the field, but off.

College Football needs good leadership and examples of such. What do you know about the new BiIGTEN Commissioner, Tony Petitti?????

Not much. He used to be the CEO of MLB which is scary in itself. Went to Harvard so probably Woke. And worked for CBS. I don''t know if he could be worse than Kevin Warren, but that wasn't a high bar to jump.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:36 pm

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

Not much. He used to be the CEO of MLB which is scary in itself. Went to Harvard so probably Woke. And worked for CBS. I don''t know if he could be worse than Kevin Warren, but that wasn't a high bar to jump.

Just wondering…….. since Greg Sankey is so far in bed with ESPN he’s got the covers pulled all the way up over his head, someone is going to have to have the brains and the balls to deal with him and ‘That Rodent’ :roll:

All I hear out of that bunch is auto-bids, byes, and brands……. and btw, I’m giving a tip of the hat to the NCAA Basketball Selection Committee for using ‘Strength of Non-Conference Schedule’ as a data point for Team Selection for their upcoming Basketball Tournament.

8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:30 pm

Tony Petitti seems to be in bed with Fox, NBC, and CBS. Not sure that is much better. They are sure trying not to leave any crumbs laying around.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:35 am

Spence wrote:Tony Petitti seems to be in bed with Fox, NBC, and CBS. Not sure that is much better. They are sure trying not to leave any crumbs laying around.

I’m hoping for a Deja Vu all over again…….. like when Jim Delany and the BIG stepped in after John Swofford and ACC decided to get in bed with ‘The Rodent’. We all know how that has worked out not only for the ACC but for College Football in general.

………..and here we are once again in a mess, but this time it’s Greg Sankey operating ‘The Rodent’s’ wrecking ball.

:roll:

Return to “General Discussion”