Merry Christmas ... FSU

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Merry Christmas ... FSU

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:47 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------

While boarding the bus to head to Miami, for the Orange Bowl ...

Starting QB Tate Rodemaker tells coach Norvell; "Yeah, I'm not going. As a matter of fact, I'm entering the Portal."

Vegas lines redrawn.

Consensus has Georgia @ -16.5

Looks like Rodemaker and his family were unenthused with the FSU staff prioritizing quarterback acquisition in the transfer portal.

With Rodemaker out, this leaves FSU in a similar situation as Miami. Only one available Scholarship QB on the roster for the bowl game.

However, unlike Miami, FSU was preparing their game plan with Rodemaker, who took half of the 1rst string snaps these past few weeks. Then, delivering the message on Christmas Day to the coaching staff, of his plans to Transfer.

Brock Glenn, who did start for the `noles in the ACC Championship game vs Louisville, is a True Freshman. He threw for 55 yards on 21 attempts, with no TD's or Interceptions, being sacked 4 times, against the Cardinals.

He came in to take over vs Florida, when Tate Rodemaker went out of the game with an injury.
He threw one pass, for an incompletion in that game.

His other playing experiences were in secondhand cleanup duty:
versus Southern Miss = O Completions / O Attempts
versus [FCS] North Alabama = 2 Completions / 3 Attempts / 35 yards / O TD / O Interceptions

Total Yards to Date = 10 Completions / 24 Attempts / 90 yards / O TD / O Interceptions

On the positive side, as I stated above; Rodemaker got half of the 1srt string snaps in the 3 weeks of practice. Meaning Glenn received the other starting snaps behind center. And there were rumors that Rodemaker may not have played in the bowl, "For a non injury related issue."

So it would seem, on some level, Norvell was preparing for the possibility. Or, he may have been playing it safe, practicing both, in the event one guy would get hurt.

Either way, behind Glenn, the only other reserve QB's fsu has, are walkons: AJ Duffy, Michael Grant and Dylan McNamara.

I will note, that even though he has played in 4 games, the NCAA has ruled that the Bowl games will not count against eligibility, meaning Brock Glenn could declare this as a Red Shirt Season, after the Orange Bowl, leaving him with 4 years of eligible playing time.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Merry Christmas ... FSU

Postby Mountainman » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:56 pm

On ESPN Radio today they said FSU has lost 21 players from their roster…… opt outs, transfer portal etc. :roll:

Appears them Dawgs, and I still have no idea how they fell that far down in the CFP rankings, may have a cakewalk.

Addendum……… CBS Sports reports ‘at least 15’ have left the FSU program’.

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Merry Christmas ... FSU

Postby Spence » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:36 am

That really sucks for Florida State. The committee basically devastated that team.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”