Nut Case……….

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Nut Case……….

Postby Mountainman » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:09 pm

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Nut Case……….

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:31 pm

I would like to see what the results of that poll would be. :lol: :lol:

I don't think that most people up north of Ohio even understand what happened here. It isn't about stealing signs. They are right, everyone does it. It is about a payed member of Michigan's coaching staff (however low level you make him) attended games for the purpose of scouting and filming the side lines of coming opponents. Did it give them an unfair advantage? I am not entirely sure if was a big advantage. They have a good team. But obviously, someone or a group of someones thought that it was worth the risk to do it and keep doing it. So they broke the rule. Over 30 times over a couple years. It is a NCAA rule they broke. Everyone else didn't break a NCAA rule. That is what they are being investigated for and that is why they were hit by the league. If Harbaugh knew ( there is no evidence he did as of yet) then he lied to the NCAA and that is bad. It is what got Tressel kicked out of the game.

Bottom line is they are in trouble. Lots of trouble. They have proof this happened. The investigation is about connecting they dots to see if the whole program is dirty or just a rogue coach. It almost had to be more than one coach or someone would have asked how this low level assistent knew so much about signals in football. Also if he was alone, why doesn't the program hate him? Why doesn't the school go after him? Is it because they want him to remain loyal to them and not get angry and start talking to the wrong people?
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:24 pm

Well, he’s right about America loving the underdog and all that stuff he mentioned…… but America also is does not take kindly to or tolerate dumbasses. :roll:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:33 pm

Mountainman wrote:Well, he’s right about America loving the underdog and all that stuff he mentioned…… but America also is does not take kindly to or tolerate dumbasses. :roll:

I don't know, have you watched the news lately? :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”