Did Somebody Say Signals ..?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Did Somebody Say Signals ..?

Postby Mountainman » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:38 am

……….. and here’s a video of Connor on the sideline giving signals to the Michigan defense. :wink:

https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-sign- ... 07281.html

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:19 pm

Mountainman wrote:……….. and here’s a video of Connor on the sideline giving signals to the Michigan defense. :wink: .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQm2YXqkmAQ

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:10 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Mountainman wrote:……….. and here’s a video of Connor on the sideline giving signals to the Michigan defense. :wink: .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQm2YXqkmAQ

Michigan
Espionage
Video Department

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:36 am

It may be getting much worse...investigating the hacking of Ohio State computer to access football info....FBI now involved since this is a criminal offense...

https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/stat ... 5186145788
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:18 am

As I mentioned earlier, this is going to be fun to watch unfold……. :lol:

After reading this article the first thing that came to mind was, Ole Jimmy has called in a favor…….. :wink:

https://www.si.com/college/2023/10/26/m ... n-harbaugh

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:32 am

Smart guys down there at TCU……… :wink:

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-tcu-kn ... 48698.html

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:35 am

billybud wrote:It may be getting much worse...investigating the hacking of Ohio State computer to access football info....FBI now involved since this is a criminal offense...

https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/stat ... 5186145788

The Weiss thing supposedly has nothing to to with the other investigation. If they could break the fire wall at Ohio State, that is on Ohio State as far as I am concerned, but what this is mostly, is sad. Michigan is probably “the” blue blood program all time. For a program like that to resort to this sort of thing is sad. For them to be so desperate to right their ship is not only
Sad but makes them look sleazy in their attempt to be relevant.
Do I think stealing signs had much to do with Ohio State losing the last couple years- No. if it did then that iis Ohio State’s fault for letting it happen. Not changing things up to prevent it. Too bad that school, who looks to have fixed their problems on the field, thought they had to drag their program through the mud to fix it.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:39 am

Pat Forde has an article out this morning saying that even the Ball Boys on the opponent’s sideline were involved……. seems the Michigan Ball Boys would snuggle up next to the play callers on the opponent’s sideline and eavesdrop on the play call, and then holds their balls a certain way depending on the call. I wonder how that worked???? Maybe hold one ball for a run and both balls for a pass????? Makes me wonder what they did for a run/pass option???? darn….. that’s gotta hurt after a while!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

………. maybe Forde meant they held the footballs a certain way. :wink:

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:50 pm

Hmmmmm, Jimmy had a press conference today………. and reportedly didn’t make any denials, instead what he was quoted as saying was, “Let it play out’.

Seems the last time he lied when asked a question he got a 3 game suspension……. could be he may not be a dumb as he’s shown, or maybe he’s just a slow learner. :roll:

And btw, it’s also reported that Jimmy’s negotiations for a new contract with Michigan have been suspended……..

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:50 pm

Mountainman wrote:Hmmmmm, Jimmy had a press conference today………. and reportedly didn’t make any denials, instead what he was quoted as saying was, “Let it play out’.

Seems the last time he lied when asked a question he got a 3 game suspension……. could be he may not be a dumb as he’s shown, or maybe he’s just a slow learner. :roll:

And btw, it’s also reported that Jimmy’s negotiations for a new contract with Michigan have been suspended……..

I think the school and the NCAA told him not to comment. I can’t see Harbaugh keeping his mouth shut about anything on purpose, not his style.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:16 am

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:Hmmmmm, Jimmy had a press conference today………. and reportedly didn’t make any denials, instead what he was quoted as saying was, “Let it play out’.

I think the school and the NCAA told him not to comment. I can’t see Harbaugh keeping his mouth shut about anything on purpose, not his style.

Absolutely not his style…… that’s what raised my eyebrow. Agreed that somebody told him to slip the question like the two you mentioned, but I was thinking maybe it was his lawyers as he has shown very little respect for neither his school or the NCAA.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:34 pm

…………and the hits just keep on comin’. 8)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... in-opener/

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:47 pm

My question about this is why? Do we really believe they needed to cheat to be central Michgian? This makes no sense to me.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:06 pm

Spence wrote:My question about this is why? Do we really believe they needed to cheat to be central Michgian? This makes no sense to me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Not for one minute would I think the Wolverines would have issue with the Chippewas…….. but I doubt the Wolverines knew anything about Mel Tucker spending so much time on the phone.

There must be something in the Gatorade at Michigan and Michigan State, and evidently their Head Football Coaches are drinking it by the gallon. :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:08 pm

Something in this doesn’t add up to me. I understand trying to get an edge on B1G teams or even playoff teams. I don’t understand why they would take a chance on getting caught at central Michigan. Unless Harbaugh is just a huge idiot what would make that worth it?

Return to “General Discussion”