Let’s Hope The NCAA Learned Something……

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Let’s Hope The NCAA Learned Something……

Postby Mountainman » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:42 am

………. from their experience with EA Sports about dealing with ‘players rights’……

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... er-report/

I think I recall a College Baseball Coach was ‘busted’ for doing the same thing last season.

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Let’s Hope The NCAA Learned Something……

Postby Spence » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:29 pm

Nope. They are too busy milking the system to make it viable.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:26 pm

I see a glimmer of hope in Charlie Baker, the new NCAA president. I’m liking the way he’s quietly moving around and getting the lay of the land…….. and I really like his recent hire of Kay Norton as NCAA Committee on Infractions. She appears to be a tough customer and a ‘by the book’ type. She presided over the recent Tennessee infractions and busted Tennessee and their coaches and others big time.

We’ll see……. but if the school presidents, who hired him, don’t support him it’s an exercise in futility. But, you know, everybody in this business needs a buffer. :wink:

PS…….. can’t wait to see how he deals with Greg Sankey and the CFP.

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:24 am

Not sure the NCAA has much to do with the commissioners. That has been one of the issues.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:45 pm

Spence wrote:Not sure the NCAA has much to do with the commissioners. That has been one of the issues.

I believe that’s true, and IMHO that needs to change. When I first heard about that I questioned it and asked ‘Why’s that?’ And then one word came to mind.

Paradox - a seemingly absurd or self-contradictory statement or proposition that when investigated or explained may prove to be well founded or true.

8) 8) 8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:11 pm

Right, the schools give the NCAA power. The NCAA didn’t make money off of football so they were cool handing down punishment. When North Carolina was caught and the death penalty could have easily been worthy, the NCAA decided to lay off, mostly because they know where their bread is buttered. Had the same thing been a football only problem. They would have had no issue with handing down a punishment.

Return to “General Discussion”