My friends...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

My friends...

Postby billybud » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:56 am

I have deleted this post twice...but decided o post it.

I hope to watch football through this next season...but I may not make it. Metastatic cancer has spread through my lymph nodes. I find my mind to be clear but I do get cranky at times.

For the many seasons that I have enjoyed your company, I thank you.

I will check in from time to time..

“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My friends...

Postby Spence » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:34 pm

I hate to hear this. Cancer is such an awful disease. I lost both my parents and 3 of my grand parents to it. I wish you strength through your journey. This is a poem that someone gave my dad when he went through his battle. I hope it helps some.

What Cancer Cannot Do
Cancer is so limited.......
It cannot cripple love,
It cannot shatter hope,
It cannot corrode faith,
It cannot eat away peace,
It cannot destroy confidence,
It cannot kill friendship,
It cannot shut out memories,
It cannot silence courage,
It cannot invade the soul,
It cannot reduce eternal life,
It cannot quench the spirit,
It cannot lessen the power of the Resurrection.
-Author Unknown

Peace be with you and your family.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:37 am

Start radiation this week...after weeks of making me glow in the dark, will come chemo....

Guess I'll buy a few hats.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:35 pm

billybud wrote:Start radiation this week...after weeks of making me glow in the dark, will come chemo....

Good luck, the treatments and journey today are lots better than when my dad went through it, so hopefully they can eradicate the cancer cells in your body. Or if that isn't possible, kick the can down the road long enough that they might finally find an end to the disease. Hats aren't bad. The sun will cause you some issues, again good luck.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:35 am

billybud wrote:Start radiation this week...after weeks of making me glow in the dark, will come chemo....

My prayers are with you billybud. I hope everything goes well. Would love to hear from you when possible. I know it won't be easy, but I am praying for your comfort and healing.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:39 pm

Derek, Spence....thank you

Going through radiation is the devil...can't swallow without a lot of pain...the liter of rat poison that they infuse in my veins once a week is merely nauseating and weakening.

Losing weight...but downing high cal-hi protein drinks made for folks like me and ordered through my oncologist (insurance pays). Fighting to stay above the weight loss limit where they will insert a feeding tube into the abdomen.

Spence is so right...cancer can't defeat love...My wife and I are like a pair of horses in trace. We have hauled the wagon together for a lfetime...the road is usually smooth, but every now and then you hit a section of deep sand. We look at each other, nod, and pull through it to the other side.

I have a goal...to be well by August 24 and travel to Dublin to watch FSU vs GT...I have not put a deposit down yet for tickets and I will have to pay a little more...but we'll see...Tomorrow never knows.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:15 am

Keep fighting. That is the key to pushing on. Even if you don't feel like it. Even without a terrible disease, fighting is the key to life.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue May 02, 2023 2:23 pm

Still checking board.....

I've lost 30 pounds but am hanging in....Today is a good day..finished chemo and rads early....and seem to have a little more energy..

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue May 02, 2023 2:39 pm

billybud wrote:Still checking board.....

I've lost 30 pounds but am hanging in....Today is a good day..finished chemo and rads early....and seem to have a little more energy..

Keep fighting.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri May 05, 2023 8:41 pm

billybud wrote:Still checking board.....

I'll echo what Spence said, Keep Fighting! Good to hear from you!!!!!

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:54 pm

Well...I am alive..althought he ducs told me I was circling the drain....still being fed by inserted tube into my abdomen...but am recovering strength. No longer being wheeled around in a whel chair...life is back to near normal except for eating...but that will come along, I hope.

Looking forward to another season of football....My Noles start tough with #6 LSU and #11 Clemson in September...looking for 10 wins this year.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:05 pm

billybud wrote:Well...I am alive..althought he ducs told me I was circling the drain....still being fed by inserted tube into my abdomen...but am recovering strength. No longer being wheeled around in a whel chair...life is back to near normal except for eating...but that will come along, I hope.

Looking forward to another season of football....My Noles start tough with #6 LSU and #11 Clemson in September...looking for 10 wins this year.

Thanks for checking in Billybud!! Good to hear from you. I pray that you are back to eating normally again soon.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:12 pm

billybud wrote:Well...I am alive..althought he ducs told me I was circling the drain....still being fed by inserted tube into my abdomen...but am recovering strength. No longer being wheeled around in a whel chair...life is back to near normal except for eating...but that will come along, I hope.

I hope you get several more seasons of college football. Take care!

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:59 pm

Just now seeing this. I am glad you are regaining your strength. I too pray you can get to eating normal soon and that you have many more football seasons to enjoy.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:28 pm

Dossenator wrote:Just now seeing this. I am glad you are regaining your strength. I too pray you can get to eating normal soon and that you have many more football seasons to enjoy.

Good to hear from you Doss!

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”