Ga v OSU

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Ga v OSU

Postby Derek » Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:04 am

Spence wrote:Told ya. Our backfield is awful. Congratulations Derek. At least it was a good game.

Neither team seemed able to stop the pass.

Never seen Ga have so much trouble with a QB this year. VERY good game.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:14 am

Ruggles is a good kicker. Got a bad snap at a bad time. Losing Harrison was big.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:24 am

Derek wrote:WOW!!! What a way to lose a game. Sorry OSU fans. OSU played a better game plain and simple.

STILL so glad that Bennet is gone after this year.

Congrats Derek………. you are indeed a hard case when it comes to your QB, 398 yards passing tonight and 3 TD’s. :lol: :lol: :lol:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:25 am

​-------------------------------------------------------------

Happy New Year!

For real.

Imagine this ... a TD worth of points, and that is what eliminated the Big 10 from the National Championship.

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:29 am

And yet here we are. :lol:
CJ played great. Losing Stover hurt, but losing Harrison was the nail in the coffin. Both teams showed heart. Both teams had great moments and both at time swung and missed. Georgia deserved the win.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:30 am

Spence wrote:Ruggles is a good kicker. Got a bad snap at a bad time. Losing Harrison was big.

Tough one to lose, the Buckeyes played hard and left it all on the field, tough one to swallow.

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:37 am

I thought it was a bad snap, but it wasn't it was all there for him. Ruggles is usually pretty reliable, but he laid an egg there. They were in position to win. Losing Harrison was a killer. Would have been nice to have him on that last drive. At the end of the day, though, the Buckeyes came up a play short.

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:07 pm

I picked Ohio State vs. TCU in my natty, so like most of the country I got it halfway right. Different teams though :lol:

Ohio State was able to exploit Georgia's secondary. They are the only team in the country outside of Tennessee or Alabama that has enough skill at QB and WR to keep the pressure on Georgia's offense. Georgia runs a pretty vanilla offensive scheme, but their offensive line and WRs/RBs are so good that it doesn't matter. They can score with anyone in the nation when they're on and they hammered Ohio State's defense.

Harrison being out probably cost Ohio State the game. Kind of like Ewers being out cost Texas versus Alabama. I guess being more physical than your opponent means knocking out essential players increases your odds of winning :roll: . Good for the SEC though, I hope they enjoy another national title.

I'll say this about the SEC though and I've been saying it since about 2013, they pretty much sealed the deal when they married their propaganda outlets (CBS + ESPN) with their well-developed bagmen apparatuses (apparati?). The South produces enough high-end talent to support two "Power 5" conferences, but the cream of the crop in the ACC has been sucked dry and absorbed by the SEC. 15 years ago you would be seeing a lot of these guys going to places like Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Georgia, Tennessee, and Arkansas go to schools like Georgia Tech, NC State, Virginia Tech, Miami, and FSU. The ACC is a shell of what it was in the 2000s sadly. If you lined up every player in the SEC and ACC together and maybe did a 65/35 talent distribution, that's what it looked like back in, say, 2007. Today it is probably closer to 80/20 (80% of the best players in the South end up in the SEC). Makes a huge difference when filling out your roster.

And then on top of that, the two best programs in the SEC have gone national. Alabama and Georgia can recruit California and Texas with no issues at all. It is really creating an unlevel playing field. I know crying about it doesn't do anything to help, but saying "just get better" doesn't solve the structural issue at play here with the sport. Opening the playoff field might help, but the way they are selecting teams probably won't help matters. I would just roll with an 8-team field, top 6-rated conference champs and 2 at-larges. If Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Tennessee, Florida, etc. want to whine about being the 3rd best at-large team, so what. Same goes for USC or UCLA in the B1G. Maybe they should have stayed as the big fish in the small pond and increased their odds of making it 8)
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:36 am

Nice to see you post again Eric.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:24 pm

Hey Eric, good to hear from you……… I enjoyed reading your posts and am glad to see you haven’t changed one bit. Straightforward and honest, the stuff that’s getting more and more difficult to find in today’s world. 8)

Return to “General Discussion”