Culture at Alabama

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Culture at Alabama

Postby Spence » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:37 pm

Say what you want about Sabin, but his players seem to be all in for him and their school. Bryce Young, likely the #1 pick is playing in the "meaningless" game. He has everything to lose and nothing to gain, yet there he is, playing the game. At the same time Jimbo Fisher can't keep most of his guys on the team. Culture is everything. Sabin and the Tide have maybe the best culture in the country. It is no wonder they win so much.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Culture at Alabama

Postby Mountainman » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:17 am

Somebody better set a standard in College Football……… there’s way too many people in this game that are all about self-indulgent and self interest and least we forget the greedy ones that are in positions of decision making and authority who are the easy targets for those willing to put the game at risk for profit and self interest . It’s past time for someone to flush this darn toilet……… :evil:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:05 pm

I am really impressed with how Sabin and his players have handled this whole thing. Not that they aren't playing the game, but at least his guys are all in. There isn't anything for Bryce Young to gain by playing in this bowl game. He can only lose and yet there he is. That is very cool if you ask me.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:34 pm

………and I haven’t read a word about anyone under Saban’s umbrella moaning or whining about not making the CFP this season. 8)

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:45 pm

Mountainman wrote:………and I haven’t read a word about anyone under Saban’s umbrella moaning or whining about not making the CFP this season. 8)

Maybe some fans, but no you are right. Not a word. Lots of lessons to be learned by the rest of the CFB world there.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:17 am

No doubt about it in my mind. Saban is the GOAT. He will be the "standard" long after he's retired.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:55 am

More than anything, to me Saban appears to be a self aware guy. I say that primarily because of how he dealt with his NFL experience, didn’t take him long to realize it wasn’t for him. 8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:07 pm

I agree

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:19 am

Mountainman wrote:………and I haven’t read a word about anyone under Saban’s umbrella moaning or whining about not making the CFP this season. 8)

Well…….. even a GOAT, notorious for eating anything, sometimes takes a shot at the Powers That Be. :wink:

Saban after Sugar Bowl lopsided win against K-State.

“I think we had a little bit of a taste in our mouth that if we had a dominant performance, it would show people that we probably did deserve to do a little better than we did, in terms of the playoff picture,” he said during his opening statement.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:35 am

Mountainman wrote:

Well…….. even a GOAT, notorious for eating anything, sometimes takes a shot at the Powers That Be. :wink:

“I think we had a little bit of a taste in our mouth that if we had a dominant performance, it would show people that we probably did deserve to do a little better than we did, in terms of the playoff picture,” he said during his opening statement.

Had Saban seen the quarter finals games before his press conference, he probably doesn't say that.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:45 pm

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

Had Saban seen the quarter finals games before his press conference, he probably doesn't say that.

As I mentioned, goats are notorious for eating anything………. that would certainly include their own words. :wink:

Return to “General Discussion”