Hail To The Chief!!!!!!!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Hail To The Chief!!!!!!!

Postby Mountainman » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:19 pm

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hail To The Chief!!!!!!!

Postby Spence » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:35 pm

It seems that he enters with a good perspective based on his background. A perspective that should emphasize and support athletes. The problem I see with the NCAA is their ability to police or enforce their rules. They have no bite and while in the past they had no problem punishing football violations at school, when in came to the basketball powers, they seem to look the other way. Not wanting to bite the hands that feed them. That is a conflict of interest in my view. Also, in the past they have generally come down harder on the athletes than the schools for the most part. Even though with every rule that was broken there was a coach who looked the other way and a booster willing to help the kid break the rule with no recourse to stop him. It seems to me that having an enforceable rule that would ban a booster from any and all activities of the school would eliminate most of the problems - past and present. But they don't want to ban the money men. Until that changes, I see them as a useless organization.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Hail To The Chief!!!!!!!

Postby Mountainman » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:48 pm

You and I, along with others, are walking the same path when it comes to the NCAA…….. not only are they the greediest organization, their governance is self interest first.

Just from what I read in the article about the type and background of this guy, I surmise the NCAA’s tact going forward is to work toward Federal Governance. Where Federal Law will supersede all State’s Laws in matters of the NCAA Governance and Administration of College Athletics………. and then hopefully, they’ll have enough sense to put together an appropriate organization where all aspects of College Athletics are represented and negotiated.

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Return to “General Discussion”