Seeding the CFP……..

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Seeding the CFP……..

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:09 pm

Watch this……… it’s going to be at worst a chuckle and at best a belly laugh. :wink: :wink:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Seeding the CFP……..

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:18 pm

It was about what I thought. 2 teams who didn't win their conference made it. Shouldn't have. That is the whole problem with the process. The committee gets stuck on some teams from the beginning, and they aren't willing to really re-evaluate them after they show they were wrong. At least not enough. Conference champions should be the #1 priority.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:24 pm

I was referring to where the committee would seed Ohio State. Think what it would have been like if they had put the Buckeyes in the 3 spot. :wink:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:50 pm

Mountainman wrote:I was referring to where the committee would seed Ohio State. Think what it would have been like if they had put the Buckeyes in the 3 spot. :wink:

Actually, as a group most Buckeye fans I know were hoping for the 3 spot. I new it wouldn't happen that way. TCU lost by 3 in overtime in a championship game. Ohio State couldn't make an argument against any of it.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:35 pm

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:I was referring to where the committee would seed Ohio State. Think what it would have been like if they had put the Buckeyes in the 3 spot. :wink:

Actually, as a group most Buckeye fans I know were hoping for the 3 spot. I new it wouldn't happen that way. TCU lost by 3 in overtime in a championship game. Ohio State couldn't make an argument against any of it.

I’m with the Buckeye fans…….. all I’ve been reading after the Buckeye/Wolverine game this year is the genius of Harbaugh and how he fulfilled his prophecy, what a great coach and how the NFL is sure to come calling…….. it’s just a personal thing with me. 8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:24 pm

I wouldn't mind a rematch either. They are talking like Mccarthy is a good QB. He isn't. He threw up so many lame ducks in the Ohio State game and the corners blew coverage. The receiver just ran under the ball. Ohio State should have been in cover 1 and stopped the run. They would have been better.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:55 pm

Since I don’t have a dog in the hunt this bowl season, or for this season pasted either, I’ll entertain myself poking the bears………. So, I called Greg Sankey’s office this afternoon, after the CFP announcement of the participating teams………. No one answered, so I left him a voice mail asking what he thought of the CFP selecting 2 BIGTEN teams and a non-conference champion from the BIGXII??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:51 am

Mountainman wrote:Since I don’t have a dog in the hunt this bowl season, or for this season pasted either, I’ll entertain myself poking the bears………. So, I called Greg Sankey’s office this afternoon, after the CFP announcement of the participating teams………. No one answered, so I left him a voice mail asking what he thought of the CFP selecting 2 BIGTEN teams and a non-conference champion from the BIGXII??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

While I agree, this was a weird last two weeks with high ranking teams dropping games no one thought they would. I don't envy their position this year.

If they put Clemson (ACC Champs) in, you would have several teams above them upset, but I would have been fine with it, as I think TCU is an incredibly weak team when compared ot other teams selected. I think all three would mop the floor with TCU, but who knows. Watch TCU beat Michigan, how hilarious would that be?? :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:15 pm

Derek wrote:
Mountainman wrote:Since I don’t have a dog in the hunt this bowl season, or for this season pasted either, I’ll entertain myself poking the bears………. So, I called Greg Sankey’s office this afternoon, after the CFP announcement of the participating teams………. No one answered, so I left him a voice mail asking what he thought of the CFP selecting 2 BIGTEN teams and a non-conference champion from the BIGXII??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

While I agree, this was a weird last two weeks with high ranking teams dropping games no one thought they would. I don't envy their position this year.

If they put Clemson (ACC Champs) in, you would have several teams above them upset, but I would have been fine with it, as I think TCU is an incredibly weak team when compared ot other teams selected. I think all three would mop the floor with TCU, but who knows. Watch TCU beat Michigan, how hilarious would that be?? :lol:

Three of the four play big boy football, meaning both their fronts are huge, strong and mobile….. and TCU ain’t one of them. They don’t need to have an extra LB or bring down a defensive back to help support the run game, which makes things difficult for a pass oriented offense. The Frogs are going to have their handles full with a pass rush that can get there with 3 or 4 and a full complement of pass defenders behind them covering both short and deep, and sideline to sideline….. they’ll need some help from the kicking game and turnovers to really help the Frogs. :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:56 pm

I think that is a good analysis of Ohio State too.

Return to “General Discussion”