Ohio State

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Ohio State

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:11 pm

I am getting a little sick of this Chip Kelly offense. In case carnage happens please do not let Ohio State make the playoffs. If you lose to Michigan you don't deserve to get a bowl game let alone the playoffs. This defense, the whole year, couldn't cover the pass. The corners suck and they have sucked since the first game.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Ohio State

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:14 pm

I didn't see that one coming. At halftime it was shaping up to be what everyone expected.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:31 pm

Even if the first half the backfield got burned a couple times. What people don't know and I am not sure Ryan Day knows; he thinks he knows, is that to Ohio State fans this fame is everything. CJ Stroud after the game says "one game doesn't define us". Yes it does. At Ohio State it does. Even if chaos ensues and somehow Ohio State makes it to the CFP or to the Rose bowl and wins, it doesn't matter because of today. To Buckeyes, this game is what counts.
And I hope that it doesn't, because I have always believed that if you can't win your conference, you shouldn't make the playoffs.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:02 pm

Spence wrote:Even if the first half the backfield got burned a couple times. What people don't know and I am not sure Ryan Day knows; he thinks he knows, is that to Ohio State fans this fame is everything. CJ Stroud after the game says "one game doesn't define us". Yes it does. At Ohio State it does. Even if chaos ensues and somehow Ohio State makes it to the CFP or to the Rose bowl and wins, it doesn't matter because of today. To Buckeyes, this game is what counts.
And I hope that it doesn't, because I have always believed that if you can't win your conference, you shouldn't make the playoffs.

yeah, it's an important game for both teams, I get that.

If USC loses tonight and LSU loses in Atlanta (and that's not a certainty right now, I'm furious with Stetson Bennett) I can see OSU still going to the playoffs. But who knows.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:40 pm

I hope Ohio State doesn't go. It is only right that there is no reward for losing to Michigan.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:15 am

Our ole pal Spence is pretty pissed-off about the game today, I’m disappointed too. As you know I loath Michigan for how they underhandedly dealt with Rich Rodriguez…….. but I doubt either of us are as pissed as that guy who paid $10,000.00 for that ticket to the game up in Columbus last night. :roll: :roll: :roll:

You know what they say about a ‘fool and his money’…….. :lol: :lol: :lol:

……..and btw, all of our ole pal Spence’s harping, ranting and fist pounding about the importance playing defense and being able to run the football showed today just how right he is about that

………. and yeah, Ryan Day’s honeymoon is over in Columbus. :wink:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:10 am

Spence wrote: CJ Stroud after the game says "one game doesn't define us". Yes it does. At Ohio State it does. Even if chaos ensues and somehow Ohio State makes it to the CFP or to the Rose bowl and wins, it doesn't matter because of today..

They really need to have a different attitude than that ...

When asked about what it means, to the Michigan players, during their post game interview

Cornelius Johnson said; "It's definitely personal. For me personally, I was one and one versus these guys comin' in. It was even. So I had to get one up on these guys. Everyone keeps track of their personal records. We had guys come in here, old Michigan guys, and talk to us during training camp. And all people ask is, 'What's your record against State'. And it doesn't matter your personal achievements. What'd you do, and how many rings you got? That's what matters most. And I was glad to come in here with my guys, and take care of business, down here."

If CJ Stroud isn't privy to that, then either he hasn't been given the guidance for it, or doesn't have the heart for it.

And trust me, you don't want your team to understand it, and not have the heart for it. Because for me, it took the form of 45-3

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:54 am

Football has always been about being able to impose your will on the other team. The Chip Kelly offense works on teams where you have noticeably more talent. It doesn't work so much when the other team is better in the trenches.

The game has always been about who is winning the trenches. It is also understanding the rivalry and what it means. Understanding that fans, alumni, and former players don't care about anything else that happens in a season where you lose this game. It is all about this game. Stroud wasn't taught this. He is a good QB. One of the best ever at Ohio State, but this game is about getting dirty. Getting bruised. Getting punched in the face and punching back. Ryan Day thought he understood this, but he didn't. He didn't understand how much this game means to this school and it's fan base. He isn't on the "hot seat", but his seat is going to get hot none the less. He is about to get a taste of just how much it means. Hope he is up to the task.

Congratulations to the Michigan fans. It was a well fought victory. You beat Ohio State in every part of the game.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:40 am

Also not sure if the guy who paid $10,000 for a ticket was a Buckeye or Michigan fan. Or if that was even true. If it was true, I need to find out his name. I can hook him up anytime. There was a person from my town that was selling C deck tickets for $750 a piece and I am not sure anyone bit. I would absolutely go to a bar and watch the game rather than sit in C deck. No chance I would pay $750 for the right to sit in C deck.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:24 pm

Spence wrote:Also not sure if the guy who paid $10,000 for a ticket was a Buckeye or Michigan fan. Or if that was even true. If it was true, I need to find out his name. I can hook him up anytime. There was a person from my town that was selling C deck tickets for $750 a piece and I am not sure anyone bit. I would absolutely go to a bar and watch the game rather than sit in C deck. No chance I would pay $750 for the right to sit in C deck.

You know there are just things that randomly happen, but I think it was a Michigan guy……. I have a couple of Mountaineer fans from over in Parkersburg that set right in front of me at Mountaineer Field, and of course we talk during the games and text one another about the games and goings-on during the season.
They both work at a Pharmaceutical Company that every year the Buckeyes play Michigan in Columbus gives away a couple of tickets to employees for some type of improvements or productivity enhancement program and they won the tickets this year……. anyway they went to Columbus on Friday to party and tailgate.
They texted me last night and told me while they were partying with some Buckeye fans at some bar, the party was so crowded that it spilled out into the street. An Uber Driver pulled up, got out of the car, walked around the back of the car and opened the backseat passenger side door…….. a man in a Michigan jacket and wearing a Michigan baseball cap with that “M” on it got out of the car. They said he looked a little drunk and beat up , but stood up and loudly announced, “It’s been a tough day for me. I wrecked my car today when I ran into a Buckeye fan on a bridge, everybody was alright, but I got charged with a DUI, got took to jail, lost my insurance and had to pay for the other guy’s car…….. and by god, I’m still drunk and need a ticket to the game, and I’ve got $10,000 bucks for a seat between the 40’s.

:wink:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:08 pm

:lol: :lol: Made my day.

Return to “General Discussion”