West. Virginia University Announced Today…..

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

West. Virginia University Announced Today…..

Postby Mountainman » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:54 pm

…….. they have parted ways with Athletic Director Shane Lyons and that Head Football Coach Neil Brown will be retained until a New Athletic Director is named and conducts an evaluation of the football program as the their “first task”.

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: West. Virginia University Announced Today…..

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:30 pm

So Brown should hold off building that new patio deck then? :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:33 pm

Spence wrote:So Brown should hold off building that new patio deck then? :lol:

He should……… his time could be better spent reconsidering his notions about just what he meant with his “Trust The Climb” sales pitch in between polishing up his resume. :wink:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:54 pm

I deeply appreciate Shane’s leadership over the past eight years and I wish him well,” President E. Gordon Gee said in a statement released by the university. “But with the ever-changing landscape of intercollegiate athletics, I believe this is an opportunity to bring a fresh perspective to our program.”

8)

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:36 pm

Mountainman wrote:I deeply appreciate Shane’s leadership over the past eight years and I wish him well,” President E. Gordon Gee said in a statement released by the university. “But with the ever-changing landscape of intercollegiate athletics, I believe this is an opportunity to bring a fresh perspective to our program.”

8)

Sounds like what the American people have been saying about Pelosi, Schumer & McConnell for the better part of two decades.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:23 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Mountainman wrote:I deeply appreciate Shane’s leadership over the past eight years and I wish him well,” President E. Gordon Gee said in a statement released by the university. “But with the ever-changing landscape of intercollegiate athletics, I believe this is an opportunity to bring a fresh perspective to our program.”

8)

Sounds like what the American people have been saying about Pelosi, Schumer & McConnell for the better part of two decades.

And yet there they are. :?
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:37 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:

8)

“But with the ever-changing landscape of intercollegiate athletics, I believe this is an opportunity to bring a fresh perspective to our program.”

I’d like to know more about this statement……… all I can surmise is that Lyons did not show through his actions and/or deeds, satisfactory acknowledgement or the path forward, to address the “ever-changing landscape of intercollegiate athletics”.

……..and I have no idea why Lyons would rewrite a contract to not only increase the length and base salary of a Football Coach who has shown nothing but mediocrity and also insert language in that contract to guarantee the Coach would receive the full compensation provided within the contract if the coach were to be fired ($20 million). Especially in the light of NIL and the dollars that are going to be needed to participate in that market.

8)

Return to “General Discussion”