If the CFP Started This Weekend……..

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

If the CFP Started This Weekend……..

Postby Mountainman » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:09 am

……..here’s how the 12 team bracket would look.

https://www.si.com/.image/c_limit%2Ccs_ ... eek-9.webp

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: If the CFP Started This Weekend……..

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:35 am

Why would Georgia be the 5 seed?

The problem with the brackets is the same problem you have with the polls. It would be nice if they had an objective way of seeding the teams.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:04 am

That caught my eye too…… Tennessee is riding high right now, but let’s remember the Vols won their game against Alabama in overtime when ‘Bama missed a very make-able field goal in the closing seconds of regulation. And if you glanced at my Picks for this week you’ll see I believe things are going to change for Georgia after this weekend’s Cocktail Party. 8) 8)

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:48 am

I picked Georgia too. I don't think Alabama is as good as usual this year either, but Georgia looks to be the real deal. And at the end of the day, defense wins championships. Georgia has a great D.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:41 am

Spence wrote:I picked Georgia too. I don't think Alabama is as good as usual this year either, but Georgia looks to be the real deal. And at the end of the day, defense wins championships. Georgia has a great D.

When Tennessee beat Alabama, the Tide had been flirting with disaster most of the season.

They almost lost to Texas; and basically did, since the ref's should have called a safety on Young, as he threw the ball away while being sacked in the end zone.

They almost lost to an incompetent Texas A&M team, in Bryant–Denny Stadium.

Tennessee's biggest wins have been in Knoxville. LSU was in Baton Rouge, but the Tigers weren't playing their best football at that time, whose only good win was this past week vs Ole Miss, who does not have a win vs a currently ranked team.

The Vols eked out a 5 point win, at home, over against a dysfunctional gators team.

Then I've heard; "Tennessee's offense is just too potent. Georgia can't score with Tenn."

Georgia beat that same fluDah unit by 22.

Tenn scored 38 on the lizard, where UGA score 42.

In fact, the fewest points Georgia has scored this season, was 26. The second fewest they scored was 33.

In the predictions, I took Georgia.

I'm not saying Tennessee cannot win. But I am saying Georgia can.

As all of the commentary and hype surrounding this game may very well be good for the ratings. The idea that Tennessee is some unique, unstoppable force is leading to an eventual ceiling crashing down on the packed house.

I have previously stated, this year's Tennessee team is rather reminiscent of LSU with Burrow.

But, the Georgia team that year didn't look this impressive. And LSU didn't have to play Bama twice, which would likely happen ti Tenn, in the event they get by UGA this week.

But neither this weeks game, or a rematch with the Tide, will be on RockyTop.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:49 am

Spence wrote:Why would Georgia be the 5 seed?

The problem with the brackets is the same problem you have with the polls. It would be nice if they had an objective way of seeding the teams.

Oh but there is an objective way influencing the way teams are seeded…….. with a wink and a nod the “Seeders” will create ‘compelling matchups’ knowing that the TV guys need viewers and rating, which drive the advertising dollars they receive and in turn , determine the value and how much money will be paid by the TV guys to the CFP.

………and I know that you already know that, but are too much of a gentleman, unlike a cynical ole hillbilly, to say it in public. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”