So What’s Up With This Tunnel Thingy…….

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

So What’s Up With This Tunnel Thingy…….

Postby Mountainman » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:37 am

…..,.at the Big House"???????

This is the second time this season these teams can’t seem to walk to their locker rooms without an altercation of some sort…….. :roll:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: So What’s Up With This Tunnel Thingy…….

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:50 pm

Mountainman wrote:…..,.at the Big House"???????

This is the second time this season these teams can’t seem to walk to their locker rooms without an altercation of some sort…….. :roll:

Teams have to enter the tunnel to the locker rooms down the same tunnel. Usually together at half time and /or the end of the game. Also Michigan fans can be assholes.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:07 pm

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:…..,.at the Big House"???????

Teams have to enter the tunnel to the locker rooms down the same tunnel. Usually together at half time and /or the end of the game. Also Michigan fans can be assholes.

Oh……… I wonder how all those teams managed to do it before now??? Speaking of assholes, I read where Coach Harbaugh is calling for prosecution for the Tunnel Troublemakers. 8)

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:34 pm

It has alway been a thing. Before they would have one team follow another. I think Harbaugh want the touble so he can keep the chip on his players shoulder. But at the end of the day both Penn State and Michigan State players bit. You can take the bait no matter what.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:48 pm

Spence wrote:It has alway been a thing. Before they would have one team follow another. I think Harbaugh want the touble so he can keep the chip on his players shoulder. But at the end of the day both Penn State and Michigan State players bit. You can take the bait no matter what.

…….if Harbaugh started using this as a stunt and then turns around and calls for prosecution of opposing players, he’s most definitely an buttface. :?

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:52 pm

He is that.

Here is an article.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/college-football/2022/10/134306/third-fight-michigan-last-seven-home-games-breaks-out-big-house-stadium-tunnel

This isn't anything new, it just is how they are letting the teams enter close together that is causing the problems.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:20 pm

Spence wrote:He is that.

Here is an article.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/college-football/2022/10/134306/third-fight-michigan-last-seven-home-games-breaks-out-big-house-stadium-tunnel

This isn't anything new, it just is how they are letting the teams enter close together that is causing the problems.

After watching the videos, it sure appears to me there’s plenty of blame on both teams for what happened. :roll:

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:59 am

The video that I saw was of a bunch of players mobbing a lone player...assaulting him...ten on one.

No excuses...that needs to be handled...it was an assault. And being on a team doesn't give you amnesty for ganging up on a lone player.

and I am with Harbough...saying "we're sorry" is not enough.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:17 am

billybud wrote:The video that I saw was of a bunch of players mobbing a lone player...assaulting him...ten on one.

No excuses...that needs to be handled...it was an assault. And being on a team doesn't give you amnesty for ganging up on a lone player.

I agree. No excuse, but this isn't new there and it is because the locker rooms are next to each other. Fans were tapping Mel Tucker's head coming into the tunnel. I'm am sure players on both sides were talking. Not a good situation. I know for a fact during the Ohio State Michigan game there, they have always delayed Ohio State going in for several minutes after Michigan hits the tunnel. That is how it should be. That is how it has always been until this year and this year it changed. Why? It has to have something to do with Harbaugh.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:31 am

Spence wrote:
billybud wrote:The video that I saw was of a bunch of players mobbing a lone player...assaulting him...ten on one.

I agree. No excuse, but this isn't new there and it is because the locker rooms are next to each other. Fans were tapping Mel Tucker's head coming into the tunnel. I'm am sure players on both sides were talking. Not a good situation. I know for a fact during the Ohio State Michigan game there, they have always delayed Ohio State going in for several minutes after Michigan hits the tunnel. That is how it should be. That is how it has always been until this year and this year it changed. Why? It has to have something to do with Harbaugh.

After watching ALL the videos, I believe Coach Harbaugh should have a chat with his player wearing the number 1 jersey, “What’s up and what happened?”. 8)

Last edited by Mountainman on Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:55 am

I am sure that Harbaugh did....

And I am sure that punkish MSU players ganged up on a Michigan player....sure, it is a heated rivalry...and MSU was thoroughly whipped on the field...and even if an opponent verbally gloats...having a gang of thugs beat him is unacceptable.

And making excuses for this type of activity is unacceptable...at leastMichigan State honchos are making the right noises.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:22 am

billybud wrote:I am sure that Harbaugh did....

And I am sure that punkish MSU players ganged up on a Michigan player....sure, it is a heated rivalry...and MSU was thoroughly whipped on the field...and even if an opponent verbally gloats...having a gang of thugs beat him is unacceptable.

And making excuses for this type of activity is unacceptable...at leastMichigan State honchos are making the right noises.

It’s important to get the Whole Truth……… #1, the guy that got his butt whipped showed some curious, and in my mind, suspect behavior in the videos. 8)

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:31 am

Yeah...and what aspersions are you making? I too watched the videos...saw a gang of thugs 15 on 1.

That MSU player swinging his helmet needs to be tossed...and arrested.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:32 am

What exactly was curious...suspect?

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:39 am

billybud wrote:Yeah...and what aspersions are you making? I too watched the videos...saw a gang of thugs 15 on 1.

That MSU player swinging his helmet needs to be tossed...and arrested.

Watch all the videos, even the ones before the teams enter the tunnel.

Return to “General Discussion”